Drew had a big day on Sunday!! He was so excited and could not contain his smile as he awaited to receive the Priesthood! During sacrament meeting, Bishop Siler called him to the stand to have the congregation sustain him to advance to the office of a Deacon. He had a HUGE grin on his face and nearly floated back to his seat. I will admit, I had a bit of a heavy heart that morning with no family with us. It was the first time since that we haven't had some family with us for a ordinance. As I entered the room where Drew was going to be ordained I felt of love of all our family and especially the love of my Heavenly Father for me, my family and specifically for Drew during his special moment. Matt invited Willie and Mitch to stand in the circle and then Bishop Siler invited all of the priests to stand in also. That was very special and I know Drew felt the weight of all those men and young men supporting his decision to receive the Priesthood. Matt gave him a wonderful blessing and Drew was obviously touched by the spirit. We are so proud of Drew and his choice to be a great young man and living a worthy life! He is very excited to pass the sacrament for the first time next Sunday!
Morley also had a wonderful Sunday! He was called and set apart to be the Teachers quorum secretary. Brother Grunig gave him a wonderful blessing. Heavenly Father wanted Morley to know some very specific things and it was beautiful. He is such a great young man. I have had five people in the last two weeks find me to let me know how impressed they are with Morley. They appreciate his hard work, good attitude and think he is maturing into a a wonderful young man. It makes my heart so happy to hear that! I know as parents we can be pretty tough on him at times. Sometimes he seems too uncommitted and unmotivated to complete his tasks and only looks forward to pestering his siblings. As with the younger kids, I think he tries so hard all day to be so good that home is where he can let it go and his stinkerness comes out. We sure love him and he is such a great son. We is great and makes wonderful choices and we are so thankful for him. I know some of his stinkerness is just the age and testing his bounderies. Fun stuff! ha ha
The Seattle Seahawks made it to the Super Bowl! Our family was split...3.5 cheering for the Broncos and 2.5 for the Seahawks. The person splitting their vote...Brayden. The Hill's invited us to their place along with the Bowcut's to watch the big game. Oh man, there was some awesome food! I couldn't resist contributing some SEAHAWKS themed food! The Seahawks dominated the big game and won 43-8. Actually not a very entertaining game at all. Brayden and Ella fully converted to Seahawks fans before the end of the game. Morley has liked the Broncos for years and Matt just never wants to the Seahawks to win. Stinker. GO HAWKS! Oh...and the school clearly favored the Broncos to win. Drew and I proudly wore our Seahawks hoodies to school on Monday!
What's up with the Skittles:
See there’s this “thing.” Seattle fans and their Skittles. It’s all because of star running back Marshawn Lynch (nick name: Beast Mode), and I love this back story. With all of the famous people, including professional athletes, who get media coverage for ingesting things like drugs and too much alcohol, this guy caught national news media attention because he constantly munches on, yes, Skittles. When asked what the deal was, he told reporters they’d have to ask his Momma. And what did his Momma say?
“When Marshawn was 12 or 13, we’d go to his games and I’d always have little candies in my purse,” Lynch’s mama explained. “Before the game, I would say, ‘Here Marshawn, come and get you power pellets.’
“I would give him a handful of Skittles and say, ‘Eat ’em up, baby. They’re going to make you run fast and they’re going to make you play good.”



1 comment:
Drew did look so handsome and grown up standing up with Bishop. He is growing into an amazing young lad.
Post a Comment