Hilarious would describe Friday afternoon at school! We had a "Staff Olympics" including teams, countries, costumes and eight olympic events. I was on team Mexico which is hilarious by itself. In the end Mexico did take home the silver overall! We completed in the bobsled, luge, curling, hockey, biathalon, downhill skiing and ski jump. It was great fun! The other countries were Russia, USA, Ireland and France. The Bridgeport newspaper was there taking photos and I am afraid of what may end up in the paper this week. I hope to acquire photos from the teachers this week to add to the hideous collection! Brayden was cheering for Ireland, USA and Mexico. Silly boy! Kathy had happy birthday signs around the school for me. It is pretty great hearing "happy birthday, Mrs. Haley" all day!
We had sub zero temps all week and it was terrible! It nearly froze our faces off to be outside even for a minute. The chickens barely left the coop due to the cold temps and haven't laid an egg all week. We stayed in for all recesses at school and no one even wanted to play in the snow. We have a lot of snow and thankfully it has stayed put so far and not blown away! In the midst of the cold, Ella is selling Girl Scout cookies again. I am trying to advertise for her via facebook to avoid too much door to door selling. It is just too cold!
Ella performed at the boys basketball half time tonight. She loves her little cheer camps and it is fun to watch her! They did two dances and three cheers for the crowd. I think her favorite part was wearing gold glittery make up. GO WARRIORS! The games were great and chances are both our girls and boys varsity will qualify for the state tournament!

2 comments:
Oh to be a fly and watch your school Olympics. That would have entertained me! Ella looks so cute with her short hair. She mentioned several times how much she hates it. I think it is darling.
She lives her hair, she was teasing!
Post a Comment