"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, February 9, 2014

{37}










Another year and another birthday, ringing in year 37!  We were out the door early headed to Cheyenne before we had Morley's basketball game in Pine Bluffs.  Ella begged not to go with us, she is quite tired of the endless basketball games.  She usually is a good sport but being gone for 12 hours was more than she wanted to handle.  Her wishes came through and she spent the day with Mia.

Matt surprised me and took me up to Cabelas before we left town to pick out my new coat!  I LOVE the bright color and am so ready to retire the blah brown one I have had forever!  Candice sent me a beautiful yellow scarf and I felt pretty for the day!  In Cheyenne I lazily walked the aisles of Hobby Lobby, at Panda Express and also bought some California Rolls to bring home.  Oh Happy Day, indeed!

We spent a few hours watching basketball and the boys Varsity brought home a win.  Morley's team had a tough game and ended up with a loss.  Morley played well and took some great shots.  It is fun to see his progress and his love of the game grow!

We stopped at Safeway and picked up some ice cream and cookies before leaving Sidney.  Ella was happy to see us and had a great day with Mia.  It was a great, busy day spent with my family!  I received texts, phone calls and over 100 Facebook messages throughout the day!  How can a girl not feel loved?  Drew even bought me a cute little turquoise owl from Hobby Lobby! Snow is falling and we have quite a bit!  Looking forward to warmer temps this week.  I love my family and wouldn't want to spend my birthday any other way.  Alaina took me out to lunch on Friday.  Our little tradition is fun and always too short.

This year to hope to finally get a handle on me....my physical health and such.  I need to lose weight but can't seem to fully commit.  I don't know why.  I need to get serious.  Right now I need to start....I need to seriously make it part of my daily prayer to stay committed and make the lifestyle change to do what I have done before...and keep it off.  No time like the present, right?  I am tired of only my necklaces, scarves and shoes fitting like they should.  Time to get back to the real me. Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Happy, happy birthday! I am glad Ella stayed with us! We will gladly spend the day with her anytime.

Madison Grunig said...

You are wonderful, Alison! I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I think you look fabulous. I am also struggling to fully commit and take good care of myself. Why must it be so difficult?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...