"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Derby!











I started off the week with an ear infection, yippee!  I had the school nurse take a look at my ear and yes indeed, it was an ear infection.  I called the doctor back since I hadn't improved much since being in the office a week ago.  Thankfully she called in an antibiotic prescription so I didn't need an office visit.  The next day I had a head cold and it stinks.  Today is day 20 of being sick.  Good grief.

Enough about being sick.  It was a busy week of school, work, scouts and basketball.  Our boys varsity have nearly qualified for the state tournament.  There were games two nights this week in Gering.  We won both games!  One more game on Tuesday and we will go to state in Lincoln in two weeks!  Morley is still taking stats for the team and loves being involved with them.  He rides the bus to and from games and loves every minute of it!  He fits right in with them and it is fun to witness.

A very sad and crazy thing happened this week.  Something got into our chickens...half of them are gone!  I went out to feed them and found the rooster in one piece but frozen solid outside the coop.  The coop door was closed and locked so I don't know how he got out.  I found two others that were dead but have never found the other two.  There is a lot of snow so we weren't able to see any tracks and there was no blood, that we could see.  The inside was full of feathers and six hens are now lonely and a little out of sorts.  Mary said she needed to thin our her flock in the spring and would share more of her girls with us.  Yeah! We are so sad, we love our chickens!  I hope it doesn't happen again!

Brayden had a fun time making a Minnion at school during their art time!  He is very proud of it and he did an awesome job!  It also passes off a requirement for his Webelos!  Friday night we were supposed to have a "huge" storm but just received a few inches.  It was COLD and with the windchill about -17 on Saturday afternoon.  Ella was bound and determined to play in the snow and bundled up and lasted about an hour.  The boys were content staying inside where it was warm!  I taught Relief Society today and could choose any topic.  I almost called Tammy and told her I couldn't teach because I am still having a hard time talking longer than 5 minutes without having a cough attack.  I said a prayer that I could give my lesson and I was able to do it without too much cough interference!  My topic was S.O.S....Seek Our Savior.  It went well and I was thankful for wonderful class participation!  We talked about a lot of wonderful things that I surely need to implement and be more diligent about.

We also had the Dalton Pinewood Derby today!  It was quite the ordeal since we also had to combine the Blue and Gold Banquet and Popcorn sales awards with the derby!  It was fun and we had 17 cars!  Each car ran 6 times.  In the end, Brayden placed 4th...which was hard for him.  Since his very first pinewood derby race, he has placed in the top three, usually first.  It was a good life lesson for him and in the end he was okay, but not after some tears on moms shoulder.  The times in the end were like the Olympics.  Brayden and Jaxson's times were so super close and that time was averaged over 6 races.  Crazy!  The Tiger leader made adorable "drivers licenses" for each of the boys.  Matt had to clarify that it was only for the derby...not for actual driving!  Everyone had a good laugh.  Matt did a great job as Chairman over the derby and it was a fun night!  We came home and yummy Cafe Rio burritos.

I am feeling a little better today and also physically.  I am doing awesome this week getting my food figured out and losing weight again. I feel good and really want it to happen!  yeah for progress and achieving goals! Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

So sorry you are feeling so yucky, not only that but for feeling yucky for so long. Your lesson was amazing as usual

Valori I. Perry said...

Brr! That sounds freezing! I think we're all in need of a good island retreat. Know of any sponsors?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...