"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Luau Blue and Gold Banquet




We had a fun Blue and Gold Banquet with our Cub Scout pack!  We weren't sure it was going to happen but thanks to great leaders, parents and Primary presidency we pulled it off in a matter of four days. I was very grateful for friends who loaned their Luau theme decorations.  We kept is simple but festive!  The Luau theme was fun and made us pine away for warmer days to come!  We had all 11 scouts receive awards and it was Drew's final "pack meeting" as a cub scout.  I had to really try hard to not get emotional when Drew was receiving his awards.  I have been serving in this cub scout pack for almost five years and have been Drew's leader the entire time.  It was hard to acknowledge his advancement!  Brayden is the only Bear scout and hangs out with me and the Webelos during our den meetings.  We had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner with delicious fruit and veggie trays and festive cupcakes that the leaders provided.  The boys have worked so hard and it was fun to finally reward them!  They did awesome on their flag ceremony and reciting the Cub Scout Promise and Law of the Pack for their parents!  Drew had a great idea and played "Luau" music and we enjoyed "limbo" before our evening ended.
 
We almost didn't make it to the meeting.  Ella had a temp of 101.5 after school on Tuesday.  We stayed home from school on Wednesday and she was sick all day with a high temp and throwing up.  Around 2:00 she finally started feeling better and we ventured out to the banquet.  Matt is out of town all week so I didn't have anyone to stay home with her.  I felt responsible to be there since I was "in charge" of the evening.  She was a trooper and just continued to feel better.
I am also the Bear leader for our Dalton pack on Monday's, and we get his requirements done there too.  We are a busy scout family for sure! 
 


Pin It!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

You did such a great job (as usual)! The boys had a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...