"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, February 10, 2013

{36}

 
 
Another year older and I hope a little wiser too.
 
I started the day at 5 am at the gym with my workout buddy Krystal.  She was WAY too chipper for being up so early.  The reason....she had a sweet little gift for me and couldn't wait to say happy birthday! She is the sweetest!!  It is also pretty great celebrating your birthday with a school full of kids who are so happy to gives hugs and birthday wishes!  My friend Cindy I work with also shares the same birthday and there were "happy birthday Ms. Alison" signs all over the school.  Cards, flowers, balloons and candy were generously given through the day.  A girl sure can feel loved!  Another great way to celebrate.  Facebook.  Honestly!  *wink*  I received over 100 "happy birthday" wishes from old friends, new friends, and family.  My dear friend Alaina drove out to Gurley and treated me to lunch.  We both tried the Outlaw Cafe for the first time.  I wish I could have spent more than 40 minutes with her, I miss seeing and spending time with her so much!  Off I scooted back to work.  I spent the rest of my birthday with the family/friends at a Cub Scout swim party for two hours and then off to Pizza Hut for a continued celebration.  Where else would it make sense to be but with my family, where ever that was.  Drew and Brayden didn't want to go because it was my birthday which was so tender and sweet but I insisted they go and have fun!  Afterwards we hurried to Cabelas to pick out some candy for our movie night and we raced home to watched Mirror Mirror on Netflix.  Per tradition, I slept through half of it.  I received some great gifts from my beautiful sisters, some money to buy some much needed/wanted black knee high boots....with no heal from my parents, a gorgeous scarf from Becky and some new slacks and adorable shoes from Matt.  I loved my phone message from singing nieces and nephews and even a birthday song from England-thanks Will and Val!
 
Happy Birthday to me!
 
If you're dying to see old pictures of me....visit THIS post for a laugh! 
 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! I love the turquoise color celebration too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...