It is fun to have traditions, even for the "little" holidays with kids. All of them were asking if we were going to have a "special breakfast" for Valentine's Day. I wasn't going to do one because our mornings are always so rushed trying to get out the door by 8am, but I couldn't resist their excitement. After plastering the house with hearts I felt their excitement and couldn't wait til morning. They had a simple breakfast of pink and red chocolate chip pancakes, pink milk and confetti donut holes. They couldn't be happier and they inhaled their food and we snapped a few pictures.
The staff at school had "secret Valentine's" all week and this morning we revealed who had who. Ella accidentally spilled the beans to my good friend Holly that I had her. It was fun giving stuff to a friend! I received some fun items through the week too! The high school National Honor Society did a Valentine's Day fundraiser to sell stuffed animals, balloons, mugs, etc. I couldn't resist the look of the library today before they made their deliveries. I bought the kids a simple latex balloon with candy hearts and they were thrilled. I also had fun today with Morley and two of his friends. I "heart attacked" their locker. Later in the day they put all the hearts on my locker...then I put them back on theirs....and so on. It was a fun little game during the day.
Then it was time for the PARTIES! You could feel the excitement and smell the sugar in the I air! I spent the afternoon in Ella's classroom helping with the games with Holly. She planned a "penny carnival" and it was SO much fun and the kids had a blast! Fishing, ring toss, ducks in the pond, "cupcake walk", and a punching box. Ella and Zaili were so stinkin' cute together all day too!
Have I mentioned there are 12 girls and 4 boys in her class?
One of the best things this year was that we only had to "make" one Valentine's box at home and Drew chose to make one out of LEGOs. Ella and Brayden made their at school and poor Morley didn't have a party. The stinky part about getting older! I was happy to share all of my candy that I received from the kids through the day. It was fun to spend the day with Ella, her friends, Drew, Brayden and Morley celebrating all day! Ella and I had fun with our matching heart shirts today!
*and I am SO glad I am finally getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow!!*
It was surprising that the kids were still hungry enough to eat dinner. They chose a simple "hearty meal" of heart grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup with a cream heart and red soda! Then they kept eating their candy and were in bed by 8:15. Matt called from Michigan and had a good talk. It's been a long a busy week and we sure miss him being home with us!
Happy VALentine's Day!


2 comments:
I love the fun traditions you do for your family. Happy Valentines Day!!!
How have I not commented on your Valentine posts??? I'm such a brain donor. I love these!!! I love all of them!!!
Post a Comment