"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, February 2, 2013

CHEER???

We had a first last Friday night, one that I didn't think would ever happen.
Ella was a cheerleader.
Cheer camp last week and performance on Friday during the boys varsity basketball half time.
WOW.
Matt and I had a tough time signing the form to let her do it, afterall.....
she will be a jock like her mom. 
RIGHT?
She was in little girl heaven with dancing, music, pom poms and friends.  She did a great job and was concentrating very hard to get all of the moves right.  Though she was a beat or two behind the "real cheerleaders" she was still adorable.  Matt says this is the one and only "cheerleading" thing she will do.  Uh oh....
 



 Drew has been a Texas Longhorns for a few years now.  Here in Nebraska.....that is like social suicide because this state is RED for the Huskers!  The only other person Drew knows who also loves them is Holly.  She is a super awesome gal I met here in our new village and she also teaches music at their school.  Tonight at the high school they were both wearing their Longhorns hoodies and I had to have a few pictures!  Aren't they so fun? "Hook 'em Horns"! Everyone was giving them a hard time about wearing orange. 
Drew, Morley, Matt and I also worked in the concessions for about 3 hours.  The local scout troop does this every year so the boys can earn money for scout camp.  It was fun, tiring a great opportunity to meet more people in our community.

Last week the kids also had their 100th day of school celebration!  Ella's class celebrated ALL DAY!  They made a paper chain with 100 links, fruit loop necklaces with 100 pieces, 100 beads to make a patterned necklace, each child had to bring 100 candies to put into popcorn and other fun activities.  Ella's favorite was receiving a bag 100 random objects and they had to "build" something with it.  She is clearly a creative person and the youngest of four children.  She didn't just line up her objects.  She built a city.  Ella LOVES school and I love seeing all four kids at school during the day!  We are all pretty lucky that all of their teachers are very creative and amazing!

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

Valori I. Perry said...

What are we going to do if you get a little dancer and my future daughter is a total tomboy??? haha!

Jenni Call said...

Hooray! I am so glad! Ella makes a cute dancer/cheerleader! We loved our 100 days celebration too. Glad you are enjoying all the activities in your new town. Looks like fun.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Madelyn is doing cheer right now too. The only thing cuter than hearing her cheer is hearing her cheer with a southern accent because that is how she is learning the cheers! I think Ella is darling, but I'd say this is not the end of her cheer career. Sorry, Matt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...