"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Basketball CHAMPS

 
The official basketball season is now over for Morley and his Warrior teammates!  They had their MAC tournament this week and ended the season with the CHAMPIONSHIP this afternoon!  They were UNDEFEATED the whole season and played amazingly!  Nearly all of their games have been blow-out wins....winning by over 30 points.  Thursday was the same and their first game this morning they won by 40 points.  The championship game was different and SO stressful to watch!  It was neck and neck all four quarters.  The refs were atrocious and if the parents had their choice, they would have been T'd up and ejected from the game.  Despite the bad calls, the boys kept their head in the game, played with immense character and WON by a mere five points!  Morley didn't have as much playing time as he (we) would have liked but he was pumped and cheering for his team the whole time!  Matt and I may or may not have had our share of "suggestions" for the refs and we may have been close to losing our voices.  We've never been accused of being "quiet" during sporting events.  *wink*
 
There are eight 8th graders moving up to HIGH SCHOOL next year!  Morley will be a FRESHMAN.  I'm not ready to talk about that right now.....
 
Here they are receiving their MAC Champions plaque
 


The entire Junior High team
 


 



Just the 8th graders.
Crazy how they are all so different in height and size! Morley is starting to hit a growth spurt....I think he may be taller than me by the end of the summer! He is close to passing 100 pounds too!
He is pretty excited about that! Finally.
 



This is my favorite photo...one show of each of the 8th grade boys.  They have a very successful and fun future ahead as they continue to play with each other over the next four years!
 


Way to go
LEYTON WARRIORS!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Valori I. Perry said...

Way to go Morley!!! Congrats!

Jenni Call said...

Morley! What an awesome season! I love to see you fit right in to your new school. Way to go buddy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...