Last Saturday after Bountiful Baskets was done a neighbor asked if we wanted an in ground basketball hoop! OF COURSE! Matt and I have been looking for an inexpensive option, we needed on ASAP. The boys are obsessed with basketball and we need one now! Jim said we just had to dig a hole and he would bring it over with his tractor. The kids started digging on Tuesday and finished up on Wednesday. Jim wasn't sure when he would to bring it over and the suspense was killing the kids! Every day they asked if it was the day for the hoop. With the "blizzard" and wind yesterday Jim couldn't come over so we just thought it would be later this coming week. As were in the kitchen after church today, here comes the tractor with the hoop in the bucket! I love living in the country!!! It only took about 15 minutes and the hoop was in the ground and the boys were shooting hoops! What a great gift, it will be used day and night! Even though it was 30 degrees and dark tonight, Drew and Morley were out playing together. I LOVE it! The placement of the hoop couldn't be any better either! I can see and hear them from the dining room windows and at night they have plenty of light! Many, many, many hours of basketball will be played in the years to come on that hoop! Thank you Jim and Carolyn!
Morley has been in Lincoln since Wednesday. Our high school boys basketball team made it to the State playoffs and he went with a friend and his family. He had a great time and even had a tour of the Air National Guard plane his friends uncle flies! In those pictures.....Morley looks very handsome and old. When did that happen??? We missed him and so glad he got home safe. They had to stay the night in North Platte last night because the roads were too dangerous to drive on. The team played three games and ended up taking 4th place in the D-2 bracket. Ending a season 22-3 is really something to be proud of!
The kids and I enjoyed a 4.5 day weekend because the basketball team went to state. Thursday they played with friends and spent a good portion of the day in my studio! I started and finished three outfits and started two more shirts! I haven't felt that productive in there for a long time! Thursday night I went into town and watched the movie Safe Haven with Crystal and Trissh. It is always good to have some girl time!! Friday Drew went to Sidney with Matt to hang out with Quinn for the day while Ella, Brayden and I went out to the ranch! It has been FOREVER since we've spent time out there! Mitch and Elaine moved into a new home and we spent a few hours decorating, visiting and just enjoying each other! Brayden went out and helped Mitch with chores. He was one happy little cowboy when Mitch gave him his favorite hat! He has only taken it off to sleep the last two days! It was so great to be out there and get away for a few hours. Ella and Brayden had a lot of fun exploring and finding treasures. They both came home with bags full of pheasant and Guinea feathers. The Guinea feathers are beautiful and polka dotted....many of them will be used for hair clips!! Friday night Ella had a birthday party while the rest of us enjoyed a quiet movie night. Saturday after the "blizzard" we drove to Scottsbluff and took the kids to see the Escape from Planet Earth movie. The matinee was a great price, though we did make them upset because we didn't buy any concessions. They all survived and enjoyed a Taco Bell dinner (ick), a quick trip to Wal-mart and back home before 9:00. We moved the clocks forward, put the kids to bed and Matt and I enjoyed watching Taken 2. It was a bit predictable but a good movie. It was a busy and very fun week! I can't wait to get back in my studio! I have doing some serious advertising the last few days and have received a lot of orders, yeah!! I am excited to have new business and my loyal gals ordering for spring outfits!
Have a great week!
Have a great week!





4 comments:
How fun to have been given a basketball hoop! I love when nice people do nice things for nice people :)
Those boys must be in hoop heaven now! It is good to see you have good neighbors. Hooray for spring orders! I love the outfit you made for Ella. So darling.
I love that the boys have a hoop and a great spot to play ALL the time. Sounds like you are busy as usual. Spring...can't wait!
That was me, your sister, Darci in the last comment. :)
Post a Comment