"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day





 
 
St. Patrick's Day is a fun little holiday to do something extra fun with the kids.  This year we kept it pretty simple.  We have been so busy no one made a leprechan trap, which the leprechan was ever so grateful about!  Simple cereal breakfast before church and a little treasure hunt finding shoes that the leprechan hid, again.  He also played our favorite tricks.....turning the milk green, toilet water green, hiding shoes, flipping over our fruit bowls and spilling our cereal and writing a message.  We all wore a little green to church and then had a very relaxing Sunday afternoon together.  Matt smoked a corned beef brisket and it was delicious!  I like when he wants to cook!!
 
Church was wonderful today.  One of the young women that used to live in our ward and babysit for us and moved five years ago was visiting today.  She is leaving on her mission to serve in Las Vegas and she is amazing.  She has had it pretty tough growing up, the only active member of family.  She went with Matt and I on trek 5 years ago and she had such a strong testimony, that she had to find and build on her own.  She stayed strong and now she is all grown up and going on a mission.  Her testimony was amazing and she is going to be an awesome missionary!  Matt and I talked with her for a while after church today and we were all three crying as we remembered past experiences together and what her future holds.  I can't wait to keep in touch with her!
 
Hope you didn't get pinched today!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Happy St Patty's Day! You have amazing, fun traditions. I love that my kids are growing a bit older and enjoys some of the fun parts of holidays. Go Green!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...