"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, February 5, 2012

SNOW DAY!

Snow in these parts has been scarce.  Very scarce!
We have a few little storms but it then rapidly warms up outside and it is gone.
Case in point, we had 50-60 degree days in late January.  BUT...a big storm was forecast to hit our area late Thursday night and extend through the weekend. 
The forecast was ominous enough that school was cancelled Thursday night.  We were supposed to receive 10-14 inches of snow with blizzard like conditions.

Friday morning we woke up to DRY ground and not a snow flake to be seen!
The kids of course were thrilled that they were out of school.
However, the snow started to fall, or rather blow, around 9:30 Friday morning.
It didn't stop all day long and it was beautiful.
We had the wood stove heating the house to 78 degrees, movies playing, chores being completed.
It was a great day.
The problem with snow here on the plains is....it doesn't fall straight down.
It blows sideways.  For that reason, no one played outside in the snow on Friday because it was so miserable outside.  Actually, no one played outside until 5:00 at night.  Morley and Brayden ventured out to start digging out their caves in snow drifts.  Matt made it home on the treacherous roads and we're both thankful he drove the truck to work that day.




Saturday, however, was a great day to play in the snow.  After chores were completed, snow clothes were dusted off and out they went.





The drifts against the shop were the favorite ones for the boys to play with.  I enjoyed telling them about the caves my siblings and I made out of drifts growing up.


See what I mean....bare grass then 2 feet tall drifts.  Thanks wind...



Of course a snowman had to be made.




Would the day be complete without some snow tackle?  Apparently I missed the "big" fight that went down and Drew may or may not have dominated that little session.  Brothers....


Morley was cracking me up with is flying snowball throwing maneuvers.

We had a great day and enjoyed the snow.  We hope it sticks around for a while!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

We have yet to receive even a reasonable snow storm this winter! Yikes... kind of scary. Glad a little found it's way to you! :)

William Perry said...

That is a whole lot of snow. I especially like the falling snowball throwing action shots!

Jenni Call said...

I think you got more snow than us!

Joanne said...

I'm glad they didn't cancel school for nothing. Looks like a fun time was had by all. The drifts remind me of one of the storms we had when you kids made caves out of the drifts out front.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...