***FINALLY***
We moved into our new home during the first week of December and
I finally feel "put together" enough to give you a little tour.
Here is the upstairs, that is the only part that is nearly completed.
{part 1}
*LIVING ROOM*
The living room, dining room and kitchen were painted in a pale yellow color...including the vaulted ceilings. So, instead of painting the ceilings right now I am trying to work with the yellow and incorporate it into my design/decorating. Thankfully there is enough natural light during the day, the yellow ceilings are barely noticeable.
I love the bright pillow slip covers on the dark furniture and the pop of accent colors....and I just noticed that the wall collage is not centered. Maybe I'll have to swap the tables.
I used THIS tutorial to make the pillow slip covers. SO easy.
Seriously.
I made SEVEN of them in 90 minutes!
This piano is so fun! It is a converted player piano with a lot of character. Once we get it tuned it will be beautiful to play. The yellow/white chevron fabric was just too delicious to pass up for a bench redo!
This is my favorite "snuggle in and read a book" chair! The warmth of the sun coming through the windows also put you to sleep...while reading. I'd also LOVE to find a tripod floor lamp to place behind this chair!
*KITCHEN/DINING ROOM*
We found the dining room chairs on KSL.com while we were in Utah in December! They were already painted black and upholstered in the black/white damask fabric. SCORE! I repainted the table that was given to us by a friend.
I continued the teal, white, black and splash of yellow in the kitchen. OPINIONS please.....are the tops of the cabinets too busy/cluttered? Would you put more plants and less "stuff"? What do you envision for the space above the garden window between the cabinets?
The monster t.v. was left by the seller for us...thanks! Not really. It has been nice to have in the kitchen because we do spend so much time in there but something much smaller would be nicer. I also need to figure out what to do with the space to the right of the t.v., ideas?
**ENTRY WAY**
view from the upstairs...
view from the basement...
I am thinking of painting this desk, but I have no idea what color. Ideas?
"Keep Calm and Carry On"!
The best part about decorating a new space is reusing what I already had. If I didn't already own it, it was a gift or thrifted (lamps, frames, vases). It is amazing what a can of spray paint can do! I did buy some pieces new but overall the decor was very inexpensive.
::My next areas to tackle::
*finish pantry/laundry/mud room
*family room in the basement
*paint master bedroom/bathroom
*finish final details of my office/craft room
I will post House Tour {part 2} of kids bedrooms and the outside of the property next week.
Thanks for taking a look!

13 comments:
Love it! I'm thinking just a neat wrought iron above the sink would tie in nicely. nothing too frilly or fancy - just a simplish scroll. :) that's my opinion.
And I LOVE how you laid out the living room. The furniture is gorg!
I love it all! The cabinets look great. Not too cluttered
It's gorgeous! I think the cabinets are nicely balanced as they are. I may have to borrow some of your ideas. I love it!
You have really pulled everything together so well. What a difference from when I was there in December. You really have a great way of decorating. Great job.
Looks so good, you have so much great decorating stuff for the house! Love all the natural light too!
You are a little energizer bunny...almost certifiable! I can't believe how much you have already done. The color scheme is beautiful and bright. So, I would take down the mammoth tv and put a trailing plant up there. :)
I love it all. Please tell me your house isn't always this clean...it was for staging, right? I think the cabinets look great on top. Love the color you bring into the room. It's perfect...not too much!
Very nice! I love the fabrics you used! Do you have enough of one to make a valance for the kitchen window? Just to tie in a little more color in the kitchen. FUN!
Love this! It's beautiful!
I love it! I was thinking something rod iron and simple above the window in the kitchen and I noticed someone else commented on that. It looks so amazing! Makes me feel like our expensive little condo is the size of your pantry!! Hopefully we'll get to see it (and YOU!) in person soon!
Wow Ali! Your home is looking great. We can't wait to come visit and play soon!
Looks beautiful, Alison! Probably so nice to have room to spread out now! I would paint the desk in the entryway either black or teal (or even red!) and add a valance in the black/white damask above the garden window to continue the flow of your eye from cabinet to cabinet. You've done a great job!
Beautifully done Alison!!! You have such talent and I'm so glad you all are settled in your homested :)
Post a Comment