"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is not complete without the
VALENTINE'S BOX!

Brayden was very creative this year and worked for a long time on his box.


Drew wanted to go "simple this year" and chose to create an abstract design of his monogram.
Can you find the ADH?


 It was busy for my sewing business too!  The few weeks before Valentine's Day I mailed/delivered 11 of these shirts!  One order asked for coordinating flower clips, so cute!

We made our own treats this year for the boys to share with their classmates.  JUMBO roaster marshmallows.  They seriously take about six bites to consume the entire thing!  For the teachers and lunch snacks we made heart shaped rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate!  YUM!


We woke up to the house decorated for the special day!  There were hearts and garland and pink fluff all over the place.  Ella said the heart fairy must have gotten tired because she didn't decorate the basement or the living room.  I told her, yes the heart fairy was very tired!



Breakfast was heart shaped pancakes and pink scrambled eggs.  The eggs were delicious but the picture didn't look so yummy!  The pancakes were a favorite and extra fun and creative.  Thank you Pinterest for the idea!!


I sure love my Valentine and the family we share together.  He brings balance, strength, perspective, joy and laughter into my life.

Ella and I spent the day out at the ranch with Elaine.  Ella wore her cute Valentine's outfit and loved playing outside with the dogs and trying to find Mimi, the cat.  Then we headed towards home to pick up Brayden from school so he could go with me to Morley's last tournament basketball game.  We spent a lot of time driving today but we also had some special time with the people we care about so much!

I am glad we celebrated this morning all together because tonight was a grab-what-you-want-to-eat evening once we got home around 7:30 so the kids could be in bed on time at 8:00. Hopefully Matt will be home around 10 after his basketball game!  I hope I can stay awake....

Happy Love Day!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Valori I. Perry said...

I love this post! And a "heart fairy"??? Oh my goodness, greatest idea ever! Will you post a picture of Ella's Valentine outfit? I'm quite a fan of Valentine outfits :)

Darci said...

How fun and festive! Your house is beautiful. That is a lot of driving. I guess I take for granted how close everything is here.

Anonymous said...

You just do too much :) At least the kids love it to pieces; that's why we do what we do though right!

Love the dining room chairs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...