our "JOY SCHOOL" was at "Ella's house" this week.
The "theme" was All About Me and the letter A.
We had a lot of fun and now I can take it easy for 5 weeks before I do it again.
On Monday we did "A is for APPLE"
we painted our hands to create branches of a tree.
Colored the trunk, leaves and added red pom poms for the apples.
I really enjoyed watching each child create their own masterpiece.
Then we had apples for snacks.
Before we could eat them, we had to guess how many seeds were inside.
One apple had ZERO seeds and the other had FIVE.
We had another snack.
I couldn't pass up making these cute little "apple" treats.
Rice krispie treats, tootsie roll, "airhead" leaf.
Today we did "A is for ANT".
We read several books from the library about ants.
Our art project was to make our own ants.
Egg carton, paint, pipe cleaners, googly eyes and imagination.
Our snack was, what else but...ants on a log.
With a twist.
HUGE pretzel stick, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
So much yummier than celery and raisins!
I may have had a snack with them.
I had such a fun time with these kids.
It was fun to teach and to think like a little kid.
Thanks Ella, Lily, Bryn, Zane and Mia!




7 comments:
How cute! This makes me want to get a pre-school group together for Madelyn! It looks like you had as much fun preparing it as they did participating. I love the red rice crispy apples! Way to go Mommy!
I did a joy school with McKay at that age. It is so fun to get creative in what you teach!
So flippin' cute! Love the apple treat, the crafts, and the amazing kids. Here is to a great year: YIPEE!
Looks like fun. Your ants on a log definitely look tasty - and the apple treats too. Nice job!
What a fun thing...joy school, how come I've never heard of it until now, what a great concept- super cute ideas you did w/ the kids too!
Oh, Joy School. That takes me back to when I did it with you kids. Great crafts and snack ideas. Looks like everyone was having a fun time while learning. Isn't that what it's all about. Great job.
Great, now I'm hungry! Thanx. ;)
I'm glad you had a good week and I hope it continues to go so smoothly. I look forward to the next installment but enjoy your time off. lol
Post a Comment