I took the boys "school pictures" again this year. I just can't justify paying $25 per child for pictures that do not usually turn out. The boys were mostly cooperative. You'll be able to see who was the least...the big stinker.
Morley ~ 6th grade
Drew ~ 3rd grade
Brayden ~ 1st grade
and Ella. She insisted on having her picture done too because she is, "a big girl and going to preschool".
Ella ~ preschool
Then some random "crazy" pictures. They weren't feeling very crazy...mostly just silly. The boys picked their own "editing" choice with the program I use.
Oh, these kids are growing up so fast! We have had a few rough
days weeks working out some kinks with our obedience, respect, tempers and kindness. Yesterday was wonderful, Sunday was super tough and today has a good chance! I was prompted to write a personal letter to each of my boys Sunday night while laying in bed. My heart was hurting with the way our day had gone and I needed them to know some things. Sometimes I find myself getting on their case about what they are not doing instead of telling them how many great things they do. Grumpy mom has been here WAY too much...and I'm exhausted. No more negative nancy...it isn't fun for anyone and I'm done. My kids ARE amazing and I am so blessed to be their mom. As they are getting older, I feel the weight of being a "good parent" so much more then when they were tiny. We're getting into the "real life" stuff where they need to know so much, which is scary. My goal is to keep my cool and just plan better so we can have less chaos, stress and more time for the important things. We'll take it one day at a time...otherwise I might just crack, again.
What a ramble...thanks for reading.
8 comments:
I have been having these same thoughts lately so I loved reading this. I have looked back the past few months and thought the same thing... I thought getting through the preschool ages were going to be the hard part, the most important part. It definitely does not end and so important now too! You do have great kids and you are a great mom!
Those pictures are awesome! I think we all have those days with our kids. They try and push all of our buttons. You are an amazing mom and they are so lucky to have you. We strive to have less chaos and stress too so we can focus on having fun as a family. I have been trying put aside the things that don't really matter.
Yes, I concur with the other comments. I don't think there is truly a mom out there who doesn't feel the weight of the divine calling they're given.... and the way in which we all feel we fall short. Any good mom feels that way, because there are always ways to improve. Just remember, we were saved for these days to be parents for a reason! I have to remind myself of that constantly.
Great comments ladies. Ali, you are awesome. For you to acknowledge when you've been too negative is huge. I am afraid that I was negative way more often than being positive. Something I regret as your parent. Still, I have to remind myself to find the positive in things and people. It makes life so much better. I love you and you are doing such a great job with your four kids. They love you so much. You and Matt are rearing a great family in the gospel. Keep up the good work. Mom
I hear ya sista! To have the privilege of providing a safe, constructive, loving setting for our stewards is a huge task. I loved the VT message this month on raising our children in the gospel. You are doing awesome. Those moments we step back and realign are important to keeping our family on track. As my old boss once said, "Let's bring Positive Patty to the table." She is negative Nancy's antagonist.
Couldn't you have used a different name? "Negative Nancy?" Or were you describing me? Seriously, I can totally relate to your feelings. I find myself laying in bed every night feeling frustrated with myself for not handling situations better or wondering if we're parenting the way we should. I know these years are so important and I worry about doing the wrong things now. I'm grateful kids are so forgiving. Tomorrow can always be better and hopefully it is!
First of all, amazing pics! You are such an amazing photographer! I loved looking at all of your washington pics. What a beautiful place to grow up in.
Secondly, you are also an amazing mother! And amen sistahs! Every mom has felt this way and hopefully the feeling doesn't last very long. Keep on trucking and remember you are doing a great job!
Thank you for being honest and open and letting us all be uplifted by you and each other. Mommyhood is tough, but boy is it better when we breathe and take a step back. I put a lot of pressure on my kids and myself all too often. Where are those 'chill pill's' that mom always had laying around? ;) Darn jelly beans are bound to work.
Post a Comment