** Morley had his first year of Boy Scout Camp in June. His cousin Tadj from Utah joined him and they had a great time! They are quite a pair and we loved having him stay with us for 3 weeks!! Matt also went with them and I know they had an awesome experience together! Morley completed four merit badges and three partials! I'd say that is a great way to start out!
** Drew had his first overnight camping trip as a Bear Cub Scout. Matt and Drew headed out the mountains in Colorado for three days of scouting fun. Drew had three of his den friends there with him! He still will tell me stories of the great things he did! I am so excited that he loves scouting so much and so thankful he has a dad that loves it just as much!
** Becky and Willie were sealed in the Denver Temple in June. It was such a special experience for us to be there with them. We love them so much!! They are our "family" out here away from our family! Aren't they just so stinkin' cute??!!
** Drew threw a major fit about playing baseball this year...until his first game. After that...there wasn't an issue about anything. Once he remembered that he was really quite good at hitting the ball, he LOVED baseball!! I hope he continues to love this sport!
** Brayden played his second year of t-ball. This kid is hilarious! He did very well at hitting the ball, nearly hitting the center field fence each time. However, when it came to paying attention while in the outfield...he is pretty silly. Really...a rally cap?
** I think we successfully broke this city boy and made him a country boy...at least for a few weeks. We were out at Greg & Maleia's many times each week and it was great fun to watch the kids just run around and explore their property. Nearly every time we were there, we would introduce Tadj to something a little more country than he is used to. This time it was feeding a baby calf. Once he got the hang of it...he did a great job!
** I will post pictures very soon of Si and our training progress so far! It is WONDERFUL!






4 comments:
You definitely had a fun FILLED summer. I'm sure you're enjoying some kind of normal again.
I love the scout pictures and that your boys are totally into it. What a great family tradition you are passing on.
The pictures of feeding the calf remind me of when I spent a couple of weeks (I think) on a farm in Idaho learning to milk cows, etc. I wish I had picturs of my childhood adventures. Mom
I think it is awesome that Matt is so involved with your boys in their scouting adventures. How could they NOT love it! I wish Justin could have gone on a campout this summer. What a fun summer!
*two thumbs up* for a great summer!!! :) :)
Post a Comment