September 1996So I have been tagged for the first time by my awesome friend Heather T. Um...I am a little nervous...I hope I do it right! The spotlight deals with questions in regards to the Man that I Love. So...I know you are checking this blog Matt...enjoy! Happy early Valentines' Day!
What is his name? Matthew Aaron Haley...though if anyone besides me calls him that, he gets rather infuriated! Matt is his preferred name.
How long have you been married? 10.5 awesome years. It is amazing how fast all these years have gone by.

How long did you date? We dated for 1 year before we were engaged then another 6 months before we were married. We only saw each other 2 times the entire summer we were engaged...and he still wanted to marry me when I picked him up from the airport! LOVE YOU!
Who said I love you first? I am pretty sure he said it first and it took my breath away. I can still remember where I was when we were on the phone. I was in WA and he was in ID, we were talking on the phone. I was walking around the pool at my parents home just chatting away and then...
Who is taller? He is by far...I am 5' 7" and he is 6' 4".
Who can sing better? It is probably a tie. We both try but aren't great.
Who is smarter? I think he is smarter than I am. He loves learning and would love to go back to school...just for FUN!?!?
Who does the laundry? I do...however...not often enough. He is a great sport and regularly has to go down to the mountian of CLEAN laundry and dig for the clothes he wants. He never says a word. He does iron all his own shirts and pants. LOVE YOU!!!
Who pays the bills? I do...
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are laying in the bed, he is on the right...if you are facing the bed...I am.
Who mows the lawn? He does most of the time. However, I really don't mind, most of the time. He really liked it when I was trying to enduce labor with Ella...mowing the lawn at 8.5 months pregnant!! I am sure the neighbors thought I had a horrible, slave driving husband. But...if they thought that, they have never met Matt.
Who cooks dinner? I do. I try to cook every night...but sometimes it isn't always "cooking". He is so easy going that he is just fine with grilled cheese sandwiches or corn dogs. It all depends on how my day starts.
Who drives? We both have our own car, but if we are going somewhere together, he does.
Who is more stubborn? Oh...this is definately a tie, most of the time. We are both the oldest children...so we don't back down easy. If we do have an arguement...we'll go back and forth, usually with me going quiet. He is the FIRST to apologize, always. So I guess that makes me the most stubborn, right?
Who kissed who first? He is very proud that I kisss him first. I was tired of all the "games" and decided to just kiss him. He was surprised...I am not usually that forward!
Who asked who out first? He would say I "asked him out" but I just invited him over for ice cream one night. All my roomates (5) were having friends over too so it was really casual.
Who proposed? He did!! He took me to "The Loft" in Idaho Falls. We were the only ones in the upstairs of the restaurant. It was all planned to perfection. He had been planning it for some time...because my dad flew to Rexburg so Matt could "talk" to him and ask permission to marry me in person. When we arrived at Matt's parents home to spill the news...there was my dad! Tears, hugs, smiles and joy! Love you both!
Who has the most siblings? We are both the oldest of 5 children and we both have 2 boys and 3 girls in the family.
Who wears the pants? Depends...when Matt is home...I usually take a back seat and let him. I am definately more strict when he is not home. I think he thinks I am a softy...but not usually.
I am going to tag Jill Harp, Sarah Jackson & Kris Briggs! Have fun!
4 comments:
Beautiful pictures. It is fun to see them again. This blog thing is kinda fun. Maybe I'll try it one of these days. - Darci
Very cute little insight into your love lives. I'll be working on mine... thanks! ;)
Ali,
You are a pro at Tags. That was perfect. I love learning more about my wonderful friends. So cute that Matt had your Dad fly in when he proposed to you.
I do have to admit---I have an awesome brother, but I have always said that Ali is the best thing that ever happened to him. You guys are an awesome couple and I love ya!
Post a Comment