First, Drew...
For those of you who didn't know us, have forgotten or otherwise; when we moved to Sidney, Nebraska nearly 4 years ago (wow, that is a long time) Drew knocked out his front tooth. It just didn't fall out, he basically ripped it out-root and all! From the story Matt tells, Drew jumped out of the van at the hotel (where we had been living for 2 weeks) while packing up the last of our things to move into our home. He landed on the edge of the rounded curb, hit the pavement teeth first and then there was a bloody mess. I will warn you...viewers degression...the images you will see may cause sadness, tears, giggling, smiling or nausea...
June 12, 2004


Now, Drew just turned the big 6 on January 26, 2008. On Saturday, February 2, 2008, he lost his 3rd tooth, the neighbor to the previously mentioned, knocked out tooth. It was a happy day for Drew. We tried to pull it out tying string around his tooth and then to a dart and shooting it from his dart gun and also with his rocket launcher...no good! Finally, mom just tied a string around it and pulled and TA-DA...tooth #3. Not so bloody this time and no tears!
February 2, 2008
Second, Ella...
I will tell the story again of the sad day...
So...it was a nice fall day in western Nebraska. The afternoon was even a nice calm one...with Brayden watching a movie and Ella taking a little nap on her blanket on the floor. Matt had been gone for about 9 days I think, but I was holding it together, pretty well...or so I thought. Then the tummy starts to grumble, and rumble and I head to the ladies room. I was gone for about 5 minutes and come out to Brayden taking off and Ella very happy on her blanket, awake. I proceed to sit down next to her and talk to her. As I am looking at her face, I notice a bunch of dark hair stuck to her slobber. I wipe it off, look around...and it is on her sweater and blanket too. I am thinking...where has this blanket been, we don't have a cat. I was grossed out! THEN...I see a big lock of her beautiful dark brown hair on the blanket and instantly knew why Brayden was hiding. Needless to say...I kind of freaked out. I was so upset, I didn't even know what to do. I start yelling for Brayden, who had begun to cry in reaction to me. I wasn't crying yet...just really, really upset. I start rambling about, "why would you do that?", "where are the scissors?", "where did you find the scissors?", "your sister isn't cute anymore with her hair gone."...and so on. Then...I call Matt while he is in Connecticut. I am not sure what I expected him to do about it, and he didn't either. But to his credit, he tried to calm me down...and by this point, I was sobbing! His question was, "Is Ella alright?" "yes of course was my answer", and then I took a step back and realized it wasn't the end of the world. I did still continue to cry for a bit and Brayden cried himself to sleep. Later that afternoon, after Morley and Drew were home, I asked Brayden to tell me what happened. He said, "I was playing on the floor with my cars, one went under the couch. When I looked under, I found Morley's school scissors." I asked and asked why he thought it was okay to cut his sister's pretty hair and he still doesn't have a response other than, "I don't know." Almost every day since, Brayden tells me that Ella's hair is growing.
October 11, 2007
It is a new year almost 4 months to the day of the hair cutting incident. Ella is a little over 9 months old, yes already. She has 2 teeth with a top one well on its way. She is CRAWLING...much to my sadness and excitement! And...HER HAIR IS GROWING!!! I have had fun with her longer, fuller head of hair in the past weeks! I can still see the difference in lengths...but I can put cute clips in and also pull it into a really cute, spiky ponytail! I am once again a happy momma and try not to recall that dark, dark day in the past!
February 7, 2008
5 comments:
Oh my cute Ella! Love love love the red hair. We just realized Zack's bottom 2 teeth were loose last night. He was so excited. Uh..thanks again for the bloody pics. :)
Ya I remember all to well the beginning of Drew loosing his tooth! Wasn't it a firetruck or something that he fell on and it chipped the tooth?! That of course was when you still lived here and I got to see you whenever I wanted, now not so much, you need to come for a visit!
Can Ella come over tonight for dinner? I can't stand it! I want to eat her!
Oh man... I would've died too. Similar experience happened with Kennedy and Pieper one morning while they were playing in Pieper's crib. I go in to see curly locks all over the sheets and Kennedy holding a pair of scissors. She cut her hair, and then I noticed later she also cut her sisters! We had short spikey sections down the middle too. Why do we keep scissors in the house?!?
I remember how devestated you were when Ella's hair was chopped off. I'm sure you're THRILLED that you can put pretties in it again! YAY!
Post a Comment