"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

workin' woman


On Tuesday I started a new job.  Not a different job....a new...as in additional J.O.B.  It was the perfect timing with all the kids in school and no daycare expenses.
I started looking for a job a few weeks ago, spoofing up my resume (thanks Will and Val) and applied at the local bank.  They weren't hiring but the main branch in Sidney was.  I interviewed and waited while I took my trip to Washington.  Before I left to Washington, the local school district superintendent called me and asked if I was interested in working for them.  I was offered the job at the bank when I returned home and had an interview with the school district the next day.  In the end, I chose the school working full time.  It was only $1 difference in pay and only six miles from home versus 20 and I would be with Drew, Brayden and Ella all day at their school on their schedule.

I was very anxious Monday night, mostly just the unknown and how we'll keep managing everything on the home front.  By Monday after work I was mentally exhausted.  It will be a good job but also very challenging.  My main responsibility is working with one boy with special needs.  As I learn more and experience more with the school and him, it will improve.  All of the staff and students have been wonderful and I should really count the number of hugs I get from kids I don't even know.  There is something wonderful about a hug around the legs that makes your day better!  

I have been enjoying eating lunch with Ella and Brayden and helping in Drew's classroom.  One of the best parts is observing them when they don't know I am there.  I love seeing them interact with their peers and being a part of their day!

So....two days down and many more to go.  We have some LOOOONNNGGGG days ahead with football  practice and scouts during the week in the evenings.  I better get some crock pot meals figured out so we can eat before 8:30 pm!  

Yes, I am still doing the property management and my sewing business, please don't stop asking me to sew for your kids.  Finding this job was an answer to prayers so I know this is what our family is supposed to be doing and everything will continue to work.  It will be crazy, but that how we operate the best around here!  
Pin It!

6 comments:

Sarah J. said...

You are amazing! How DO you do it all?!?

Darci said...

Always a busy woman you are! I think it's a great opportunity to work and be around your kids. Nice work sis!

Candice said...

Sounds like a great answer to some prayers! Good luck lady, you can do it all :)

Jenni Call said...

Glad you are working a job so near to your kiddos. I knew you were superwoman...I knew it! Gosh!

Valori I. Perry said...

So exciting!! I love that you chose to be at the school with the bobbins! Keep us posted. We love and miss you guys!

Joanne said...

Congrats on the job, you will be great! I love that you are at the kids' school and can be a "fly on the wall" at times. This will tone your organizational skills, for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...