I went to Washington.
By myself.
For 2.5 days.
Yes it was fast, yes it was worth it and yes, I miss my family!
My kids and Matt were quite upset that I was leaving them behind.
I felt bad, I really did.......but not enough NOT to go!
*wink*
The reason....my niece was going to be baptized and I hadn't seen my nephew who was nearly 10 months old and I needed to say goodbye to my brother Will and Val who were moving to England.
To maximize my quick visit, I had an 8 am flight on Friday morning which I left my house at 3:25 am to catch. Remember, it is a 3+ hour drive to the airport. There was HORRIBLE fog for the first hour but after that it was smooth sailing to Denver. I only took a carry on and hopped on the plane after experiencing the full body scan for the first time. Weird. Thankfully I slept for a bit and then just gazed out the window fully enjoying the beautiful landscape.
So....there are a ton of pictures. Long story short....my sister Candice wasn't going to be come to WA. We were all very sad. She surprised me at the airport, resulting in screaming and crying and hugging in terminal. Repeat when Darci sees she is with me. We are excited to be together....decide to go shopping after I give serious love to my adorable nephew Elliot. I just could not get enough of him! Cassidy and Myles also received adequate loves from their auntie!
After a VERY tearful goodbye to everyone, Will, Val and I headed to the airport. Our destinations very different....Nebraska and England. We will miss them so much! Their adventure is going to be amazing and they better hurry back to the states! Though my trip was very fast, it was amazing and I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to go.
So....there are a ton of pictures. Long story short....my sister Candice wasn't going to be come to WA. We were all very sad. She surprised me at the airport, resulting in screaming and crying and hugging in terminal. Repeat when Darci sees she is with me. We are excited to be together....decide to go shopping after I give serious love to my adorable nephew Elliot. I just could not get enough of him! Cassidy and Myles also received adequate loves from their auntie!
SHOPPING! Well, Darci and Candice shopped, I was their consultant and happy tag along! We may have been VERY loud in the dressing rooms as all three of us shared one.
I was DRAGGING so needed a little caffeine relief. This is Candice's beverage of choice.
AND, that is NOT my shopping bag!
Sister, shopping and beautiful Mt. Si. Mom and Val joined us too. Trouble.
Candice and I spent the night at Darci's house. On the way there, I took these pictures and sent them to Matt. Not very nice, I know....
We stayed up late-ish painting our nails and talking...then Candice and I crashed on the couch. Sorry, Darc! I woke up early to go for a run. Gorgeous. I wanted to run on this trail but it was a bit muddy. Instead, I nearly got lost running in their subdivision.
Then it was time for Cassidy's big day! She was baptized and it was wonderful! She has such a tender heart! I love my family!
We went back to mom and dad's to eat, relax by/in the pool and just spend time together.
Then we needed to take some updated pictures. Without all the in-laws/cousins we just did a "Perry" picture. This is our "best"....
this is more accurate. Val told us to do our favorite Olympic event....not sure what some of them are doing but I am clearly doing volleyball. We're so great!
I can't remember what this "pose" was....
um.....my very entertaining dad and brothers
awesome sisters and mom
I made Cassidy an outfit for her birthday. It is very rare for me to have a picture with the little girls who receive my outfits! Love this girl!
I miss this view.





5 comments:
It was a whirlwind weekend for sure. We loved seeing you and enjoyed the sister and auntie time. Thanks for helping it be an extra memorable time.
I'm so happy you came out!! That was such a fun "final" weekend for us and it wouldn't have been the same without you there. Now come visit us out here!!
It was a great weekend for sure, already miss the time! I love going home, it's always such a great feeling...and with all of us kids home it was the greatest!!
Glad you got to make a whirlwind trip. Your family photos are crackin' me up.
I'm so glad you were able to go out and visit your family... even if only for a short time. Love the pictures... what a beautiful area you grew up in!
Post a Comment