"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, September 10, 2012

Friday Night Lights


I LOVE football games in a small town!  I attended my first home game for the Leyton Warriors a week ago.  WOW!  I have never been to a high school game where the pick up truck lined the sidelines during the game!  They started parking a few hours before the game started.  I worked in the concession stand for most of the game, which is a great way to meet A LOT of people in a short amount of time.  Everyone knew I was the "new" person in town.  Not only are we the "new family", I think we might possibly be the only people NOT related to someone in the community.  

A few days prior to the game the community put on a tailgate party and served everyone free hamburgers, hot dogs, dessert, chips, etc.  They had games for the kids and a guest speaker!  Aaron Davis is a former Nebraska Husker football player.  He spoke to the schools during the day and the community at the football field.  He had a great message and it was fun to have a special visitor.




The dirt track, truck lined sidelines, small bleachers and small town are a great experience for our family!  How wonderful to be living in a community that comes together whenever possible!  One of the neatest things of the night; after the game ended the bleachers emptied and joined the team under a goal post for a prayer.  I honestly got misty eyed witnessing something so special and important.  It was something that I will always remember and I hope the kids do to!  In a world that is trying so very hard to turn away from God and remove every aspect of Him from schools, it was amazing to see such a profound act!

Go Leyton Warriors!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Valori I. Perry said...

Love that!

Jenni Call said...

Inspiring! Gotta love our small towns. Yours is smaller...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...