"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, July 1, 2012

GIRLS CAMP experience

"SHINE"

"Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be the standard for the nations."
~Doctrine and Covenants 115:5


"Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
~Matthew 5:14-16


Camp theme: Around the world, be a light beyond the city limits


I LOVE Girls Camp....I mean Young Women's camp as it is being called now.
Leading up to camp is crazy stressful with all the planning and organizing.  We took 18 young women to Camp Batel this year and it was amazing.  Nearly everything about camp was changed this year: the girls camped in levels not by ward, we had camp cooks, all of our certification was done before camp, etc.  There was some shuffeling and scrambling up at camp but I am pretty sure the girls were oblivious to that part!  I am so thankful that our girls and leaders are so relaxed and easy going.  It sure minimized any problems and drama!  

It is always fun to have mother/daughter combos at camp!  It was Tessa's first year and Lauren's last year.  How lucky Trissh and Alaina are to be there with their girls.  I sure hope I will be going to camp still when it is Ella's turn!



 I couldn't have done all that was required with out these three amazing ladies.  Alaina, Trissh and Rose were  my life savers before and during camp.  They never said "no" to anything I asked for help with, though I am sure they wanted to.  I love you ladies!



Our girls wrote their own skit and it was awesome!  President Webb was a trooper and stood in as the "cute boy" in the skit.  



This is our beautiful group of girls!  We're not looking to shabby on day two of camping!


Though we might be going a little crazy...


our first years: Ashlyn, Emma, Tessa, Alia, Talyah and Alexis

Our third years: Hailee, Brittney, Ali and Abby

Our fourth years: Whitney and Theda

and our amazing YCL's (Youth Camp Leaders)
Courtney, Lauren, Karli, Taive, Amber and Katie

How lucky to have four sets of sisters too!


Each year level was assigned a city in the world: 1st years Honolulu, 2nd years Mexico City, 3rd years London, 4th years Paris and YCL's New York City.

This girls went swimming in the pond and then begged for a ride back in my truck...




With our Priesthood leadership there, we had 26 people representing Sidney on Thursday night!  We were the largest group at camp this year, so amazing!

 I would LOVE to go to camp every year.  I LOVED girls camp when I was younger!  The Spirit that is there is so special and intense for those four days.  The unity that is witnessed, their testimonies are strengthened, there friendships made and renewed and lives can be changed.  I know I walked away from camp a better sister, daughter, friend, mother and wife.  


Stinky, dirty, tired, sweaty, happy, loved, service, fulfilled, friends, spiritual, laughing, crying, singing and HOME! Girls Camp was amazing! My shower and nap were pretty awesome too after arriving home!  Sign me up for another year!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Girls camp / YW Camp, whatever you call it, it will forever have a special place in your heart and the heart of all those who you rubbed shoulders with. I have some great memories of the all years I've been able to go up as a leader. This is the first time in MANY years that I won't be going. I'm glad that you are continuing the tradtion.

Jenni Call said...

Brings back so many wonderful memories of when I went to camp. You are creating testimonies that will last forever. All the stress and preparation were so worth it! Everything looked amazing. Even your stinky selves! LOL

Darci said...

The girls must have loved having you as a leader! It really is a special, spiritual and amazing experience. How fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...