"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

boating fun
















On Saturday we were invited to fun boating day with our friends the Gull's.  Ah, it was amazing to be out on the water with all the hot weather we've been having!  I can't remember the last time I was on a boat.  We started off the day wake boarding, with Alaina showing us "how" to do it.  She of course totally rocked it!  Drew was next and did awesome, then Matt and finally Brayden!  I was so surprised how well Brayden did.  They were so brave for trying this for the first time!  We jumped in off the boat to cool off numerous times and it was so refreshing!  Just as I was getting my feet cinched up in the boots, a storm came in and it started pouring rain!  Jamie took us over to a cove to wait out the wind and rain then decided to should head home early.  Ella was sad she didn't get to ride the big inner tube with Lauren.  Then....nothing happened with the storm even though the clouds looked horrible!  Nebraska weather sure is frustrating some times!  *Maybe* we'll have another chance next summer!

It was a wonderful day with amazing friends!  We missed Morley, he was on a camp out and Alaina's boys are still in Utah.  I was so grateful for a relaxing day with wonderful people, great conversation and good food!  Thank you Jamie, Alaina and Lauren for a extra fun day!  
Pin It!

1 comment:

Darci said...

That sounds like the perfect way to stay cool during your hot summer! You must be rockin' a nice tan by now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...