"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

branding fun

We have only had one opportunity to attend a branding at the Rex Ranch this summer.
Total bummer.
The kids and I went out last week to help Elaine with the food and hang out for a while.
It was officially the "kids branding" but my kids didn't want to wrestle calves this year....
with out Grace there.  They didn't really know anyone and were a little uncomfortable so they went back to Elaine house with me.  They explored and searched for toads, turtles and frogs while I was in the kitchen.
I couldn't resist capturing some pictures from the branding.





Ella thought this horse was beautiful!



my favorite part of this picture is that Ella is the only girl in that group of five boys.  They were trying to scare her with grasshoppers and she just asked to hold it.  Messing with the wrong girl, boys!








The kid were successful on their adventure.  We came home three more turtles and one frog.
The baby turtle may or may not be lost downstairs....


It's always fun to get in on the branding action but also great to be able to help out a friend!  Hooray for them that branding season is over! 
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...