For some reason baking in my new kitchen is just plain fun.
I dont' even mind the clean up...at least not yet!
Our Christmas season seems like it has been really rushed this year.
Packing, moving, unpacking, out of state trips and not decorating until mid December....
the kids have been a little out of sorts without our normal traditions.
After our trip to Utah the kids and I decorated cookies. Mainly just for us to eat and Ella took a few to her preschool party for her friends. It was fun and yummy and good to spend some down time with the kids.
Ella is sure her mother's daughter....with her concentration and tongue sticking out!
She told me she was "the best sprinkle-er EVER"
On Thursday night, I hosted our 2nd annual Ornament Exchange with some girl friends. Unfortunately, with our late date, four ladies weren't able to come. Everyone brought one wrapped ornament to exchange and their favorite holiday treat to share! I made brownie lollipops and hot apple/cinnamon cider.
Our exchange was fun and simple. I found a fun "right-left" T'was the Night Before Christmas version. Every time you heard "right" or "left" in the story you have to pass the gift that direction and at the end of the story that is the gift you get to keep and open. I think maybe next year we may have to do a "crazy/obnoxious" theme and do the exchange white elephant style.
*Rose, Madison, Trissh, Sherrie, Jenni, ME*
I had a wonderful time with the ladies and so thankful they don't think I live to far away to still hang out and do fun stuff together!!! We made plans for a "girls night in" out at our place soon with the hot tub, movies and games in the shop and of course yummy food.
5 comments:
Miss you lady!! ps...nice warmer in the background!!
Okay, you've got to be freaking out in that big beautiful kitchen. I wish I could just pop in for a visit. Before too long I hope.
I'd love to bake in your kitchen too! Tons of space for every appliance! Love Ella's tongue. That girl is amazing. Thanks for the fun party. I love my new ornament.
Wowzers! Looks like a great time! I miss doing fun things with friends - perhaps next year I'll take your idea and run with it!!!
(LOVE the kitchen! baking in big kitchens is ALWAYS fun!)
I wanna bake in your new kitchen too. It's beautiful!
What a fun tradition. Now I want an ornament party tradition too :)
Post a Comment