The night we arrived in Utah we met up with my beautiful sister, Candice and her two boys Kayson and Riley. We had a delicious dinner at Red Robin and then headed to her home to hang out for a bit. Her home is so beautiful and we loved spending a few hours together!!!
After the wedding and reception dinner on Friday we headed up to Weber Canyon to spend the rest of the weekend with Greg and Maleia in a cabin. Maleia and I were FREEZING because we were still in our dressy clothes. We couldn't feel our feet and the cabin was SO COLD and we tried to wait patiently while Matt made the warm fire! After we changed into our sweats and matching fuzzy socks, we didn't move from our spot by the fire for hours. The fireplace is in the middle of the room with benches (for the husbands) on both sides and then two recliners (for the wives). It was so wonderful to just sit and talk and laugh and enjoy our wonderful friendship!
We slept nice and cozy thanks to Greg rebuilding the fire during the night. When we woke up I was able to take in the beauty of the mountains and the perfection of the little cabin in the daylight. Greg said his grandfather built the cabin years and years ago. He remembers coming there as a young boy, his grandmother making bread in this very old antique stove. It is the most charming cabin and the perfect place to spend a few days with your best friends!
After Matt cooked us breakfast burritos, Maleia and I took a walk. Food for the soul! I found myself shedding a few tears because my heart was so full of thanks and joy. We talked as though we had just seen each other the day before and no time had passed.
the cute cabin nestled in the woods
On our way down the canyon into Park City we saw the CUTEST dogs hooked up to pull some dog sleds. The one on the left was the lead dog and he was so adorable and HUGE! He let me snuggle on him a bit. Maleia and I couldn't get enough of the puppies.
Now it was time to shop and walk around the beautiful ski town. We walked up and down main street looking for a restaurant for lunch...the one we picked was not that great. Darn. However, the entertainment that Greg and Matt provided during the lunch almost made up for the mediocre food. Those two boys are quite the pair!!
After we were cold and tired from walking, we headed to Maleia's family pizza place, Summit Inn Pizza. We've heard about this pizza for three years....and finally had the chance to eat it! Maleia made the pizza's and oh, it was so good. I had a great time getting some snuggle time with Matthew and Dani too. Man, have they grown since we last saw them!! Our friend Dave Madsen and his new wife Katie joined us for pizza too. It was such a fun night!
We headed back up to the cabin with snacks and made another raging fire so we could play games! Oh what a night we had!!! I had tears from laughing and sore cheeks too. I think it was after midnight when Dave and Katie left. We now have two new games that we will be playing again soon! All I have to say is that Greg is sneaky. I was afraid to go to sleep that night because I knew the next morning would be our last day together.
After cleaning up the cabin and packing up the truck, we took a few pictures together! What a wonderful weekend with the most amazing friends.
We packed up the van after we got back into Kamas, showered (the cabin had no hot water) and said our goodbyes. Matthew and Dani gave me hugs for Ella and I nearly lost it. We couldn't delay it anymore, Maleia and I said goodbye, again. Tear. My. Heart. Out. Sobbing tears and a promise to not wait another 15 months to see each other. It was a tough drive home for a while and Matt was so kind and sensitive to my emotions. We are so thankful for fabulous friends and happiness they bring to our lives. We love you Titus family!



4 comments:
Sheesh, that was ah-mazing. I wish we could've heard all the antics of Matt and Greg. Those two are so funny and sarcastic. Glad you came home with a full heart!
You brought me to tears just hearing about your amazing weekend with dear friends. Being apart would be tough! What a beautiful, peaceful and memorable escape.
So good to see you...
The rest of your weekend looked amazing, Park City is always so great...with great friends!!
*Wiping my eyes now.* Thanks. :) Friendship is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment