The first big day was our Trunk-or-Treat at our church. All the kids got dressed up and had a great time!
Morley and his friends have been saying "Deacon Power" for months and wanted to become super heroes for Halloween. With the help of my awesome Silhouette machine and the moms, we were able to turn our boys into DP Super Hero's for the night! They were a hit at the party!
Friday was the annual Trick-or-Treat Street at Cabelas corporate offices. It was SO well done this year. Each department has a room they decorate with a theme and they were amazing! Ella switched up costumes and wanted to be a GOOD witch. Morley woke up SO sick and stayed home and Drew didn't want his picture taken. Our favorite room was the Willy Wonka factory! Hobbes was an awesome Willy Wonka! He asked me to help him make his costume a little more authentic so I added the purple ruffle and big bow tie to his shirt! Well done, Cabelas!
Friday Pa came to town for a weekend visit!!!! We went to dinner on Friday night, sans Morley and had a fun time catching up. Saturday Matt, Brayden and my dad went hunting for pheasant and then to help with the over population of prairie dogs! The latter was much more successful and fun, from the reports I heard. We also enjoyed some swimming at his hotel pool that evening.
Sunday was a great day! Morley had his first sacrament meeting talk and he did a wonderful job! I just can't believe how grown up he is! After church we had our traditional Halloween themed dinner! Every year it is just a little bit different and it keeps the kids guessing and excited! I think this year was my favorite!
*dinner in a pumpkin, pumpkin/chocolate cupcakes, boney bread sticks, jack-o-lantern orange peppers stuffed with mashed potatoes, wormy/brain noodles and orange brew*
Then it was time to carve pumpkins. Somehow we skipped this event last year so the kids were extra excited to do it.
Ella had fun playing the in leaves
and then it was time to say goodbye to Pa. His visits are never long enough and we missed Nana on this trip! We love you!
Trick-or-treating was so different this year! Morley went out with his friends and then to a movie. Matt and Drew went to the "haunted motel" and I took Ella and Brayden out around the neighborhood. We met up with the Calls and the kids managed to fill their buckets, again. Phew...we really had a lot of celebrating this year!
pictures snagged from Jenni's blog! :)
********************
House update: There have been some "developments" in the last week that are making the purchase of the house nearly impossible. Yes, we found out 10 days before closing that the underwriters do not want to finance the whole property because they don't like the outbuilding, even though the appraisal report was great. In a nutshell, the banks don't want to loan on the full property (they want to exclude the value of the outbuilding from the loan amount) and have increased the required down payment by 12%. It has been very emotional as we are unsure of how we are going to make it work. Needless to say, we are NOT closing in four days. IF we can close on the house it will most likely be another 30 days. We are very hopeful that a contact in Lincoln will be able to work everything out and we'll be able to buy the house without the enormous down payment requirement that the local banks are wanting. So, we are settling into our little rental for another month. It is hard to keep the frustration and doubt out of our minds so that the faith can take over and we can receive the answers we are seeking. I was so thankful for the celebration distractions the last few days and also for having my dad here for a visit! He is a perpetual optimist and a little bit was able to rub off on me. We did take him out to the property on Sunday after church and it was a little bitter sweet for me. I can picture our family there so clearly and perfectly, yet the unknown and possibility that it may not happen made me sad. We have HOPE and FAITH that it will all work out in the end, whatever that may be.







10 comments:
Love, love the DP heroes! Very cool!! And my kids would love the Halloween dinner. Good job!!
So fun to have Dad visit I'm sure!
I love your creative menu that you put on for the holidays lady!!!
Praying for you and the house situation, lots of love!!
You inspire me each holiday to be a more fun & spontaneous mother! I just wish your posts came a week BEFORE the holiday. :)
Wishing you all the best with your house fiasco. how frustrating! But if there's anything I know about you, it's that you are one of the most capable people of enduring to the end with optimism! hang in there, friend!
Drew looks awesome! I am going to show Justin your post. I love Morley's enthusiasm for YM's! You're such a fun Mom!
You make me want to celebrate Halloween. Maybe when the kids appreciate it. I have seen how strong and amazing you are the last couple weeks with your house drama. I wish there was a magic house wand that would Jedi-mind trick those tricky underwriters. It's just a wrinkle and time will smooth it all out to reveal what the Lord has in store. I know this is so cliche but, it will all work out in the end. Stay strong.
The kids look great in their costumes. I love your fun Halloween food too. I'm usually the one that brings something super easy like the beverage to the party.
How fun to have dad visit. Now when will we see each other!?
The kids look great in their costumes. I love your fun Halloween food too. I'm usually the one that brings something super easy like the beverage to the party.
How fun to have dad visit. Now when will we see each other!?
What fun pictures, Ali! You are the queen of fun festivities! :) Thinking of you all and missing you.
Looks like you guys had quite the Halloween! You are a fun mom and go all out on the festivities and celebrations. We always have dinner in a pumpkin on Halloween. Our recipes look a little different, but my kids look so forward to it! Hopefully all the frustrations with this house are fixed soon and you guys can move.
*hugs*
Post a Comment