"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{Sew*a*licious}

The sewing machine and serger have been busy for the past month.  I am sure they were happy to see the light of day again after being stowed away and not used the month prior to moving.  As hard as I tried to "put off" some of my orders, I dusted off the machines and away we went!  I haven't stopped since and it has been a lot of fun!  One of my local gals asked me to come up with some designs to coordinate with a few skirts she purchased.  This owl shirt was SO fun and actually very simple to do!  I bought a Silhouette SD from my friend Chris!  OH MY HEAVENS...I really do love it!  The machine cut out ALL the pieces for this owl so perfectly!  I know I'll be using it more as I figure out all it can do!  I have vinyl projects in my mind already for the new house!

So...here is the adorable owl for the super cute orange/yellow peasant skirt.

This is a simple bird design inspired by MiniBoden USA to coordinate with the cute pleated skirt.


For her third outfit I made a bubble skirt and a jazzed up monogram tee.  I added some cute rhinestones to the neckline to make a little more fancy and I love how it all turned out!

When I delivered those three outfits she asked me to make "number" shirts for some family pictures they had scheduled.  The green fabric is so rich and delicious!

Another local friend asked me to make some birthday gifts for her niece!  I've been wanting to try a hedgehog (thanks Nat for the design) and I finally had my chance and a little bubble skirt to match!  I forgot to take a picture of the "princess Kennedy" shirt I made with a perfect little crown!


My etsy store has been busy also!  The polka dot shirts were sent to me by a customer and she wanted matching cupcakes for her little twin girls second birthday.  The boy birthday shirts are sure popular right now!

I also did a swap with my friend Rachael for her amazing homemade soaps!  These cone flower shirts were fun to make and I love trying new ideas!

During the summer, my friend Tina arranged for me to meet her boss at a nearby pharmacy to sell my beaded watches.  The buyer, Dee, told me she had been looking for someone local to supply their store and she wanted me to make watches for them!  She bought my entire inventory that day and I've since made three more orders for her.  These are the watches and bands that I sent a few weeks ago!  It is a lot of fun to have a store selling my creations every day!

I picked up this cute little rocking chair this summer at a garage sale with grand intentions of repainting it.  Three months later....I finally did it.  It was a horrible bright yellow and purple mess.  With a little sandpaper and primer paint I was able to clean it up pretty well. 

{Green}
I love this shade of green and it matches Ella's bedding perfectly!  It was a perfect conference weekend project!


Then I finally took the time to sew for Ella!  Have you seen the adorable mini ruffle leggings around?  They are so cute and I wanted some for Ella...but they are expensive.  So I bought 1/2 yard and made some myself.  I simply cut off the legs of some stretch pants, used those as a "pattern" and made some "legs" from the ruffle fabric and attached them to the "shorts".  You'll never see the bum, so why take the extra time and fabric by making the whole thing?  They took me about 20 minutes to make and they are PERFECT!  Here is a simple tutorial if you want to make your own full pair of leggings.

I bought this beautiful fall-ish fabric while we were in Idaho for Vince's wedding.  I finally sat down and made the yummy twirl skirt and I wish I had enough to make one for me!  I used the Silhouette SD for the shirt design!  *LOVE*  With a little freezer paper, puffy paint and rhinestones I had a fun modern shirt for the little miss.

Oh, it is just so warm and cute!  I love the simplicity and modern feel to the outfit! 

So...that's what I've been up to lately!  At this moment, right now, I am all caught up on orders, yeah!  I dream of the future office I'll have to decorate and organize all of my fabrics that are stowed away in boxes. 
Soon.  Very soon!

What have you created lately?  What is your passion?
Pin It!

7 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Well right now my only passion is school...Lame, I know. Love everything that you have done.

Do you love your Silhouette? Do you have a Cricut? I really want one or the other for Christmas (trying to figure out which one). There is the cutest project that I am wanting to do for Halloween, but I need a Silhouette to cut stuff out. Is it Christmas yet?

Natalie said...

Wowzers, Girl!!! Those are some wonderful creations! seriously, I have to get me some ruffle fabric. someday though...
I'm excited for my craft room, too, so I know how excited you must be!
Thank you for the inspiration!!! :)

Jill said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!! I am pretty sure I need a watch from you! Are they on your etsy???

Anonymous said...

I"m exhausted just reading your post!! So glad you get to create and do things you love.

Unknown said...

Wow! You have been busy! Super cute work. I really like the hedgehog.

Jenni Call said...

Ahhh, Ali. You rock. Even with everything going on in your life you still have time to create. It's an outlet...right? I hoped you'd post about the first shirt you made for Ella. *wink* Now I totally want a silhouette, and leggings, and more watch bands. Sorry about my lack in comments. I usually blurk while I nurse and typing one-handed is not so efficient. Lame, I know.

Darci said...

The chair and clothes are so cute. How fun to have a new tool to help you design and create! I wish I had some of your energy and drive. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...