"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oktoberfest weekend

Our busy Saturday started very early with a 5k run at 7:00 am.  Morley was a trooper and decided to do it with Rose and I.  I did better than I thought I would but have a lot of work to do to get back to my "in shape" happy place.  Running with a bad tooth ache left my mouth pretty sore for the rest of the day but it was worth it...I think!  I now will not take pictures before 7am...what's with the super puffy face?


After the race Matt bought donuts for the kids and we got ready for the big parade.  The Boy Scout and Cub Scouts always participate as the Color Guard.  They have a great time and Ella and I enjoy cheering for them and yelling their names!  I always get choked up when they walk by too!

I love our little town parade.  It is actually a very big event and the parade last two hours with many, many marching bands and a lot of fun floats.


Ella waiting ever-so-patiently for the parade to start so she
can start hoarding collecting candy.

The HUGE tractors are always a hit and we loved seeing this old car!

We hurried home and had lunch then headed out to the Walker Pumpkin Patch.
We we worried that we wouldn't be able to pick pumpkins this year due to the severe storms this year destroyed so many crops.  Thankfully they had some and we took home 10 keepers!




The kids promised good pictures if we would treat them to ice cream after.
DONE.  They were slightly disappointed when they were ice cream sandwiches instead of Dairy Queen but they still enjoyed their treat.


What a bunch of crazies!


Then it was time for Matt and Morley to attend the Priesthood Session of General Conference.  This is a night that Matt has been looking forward to for 12 years.  Young men cannot attend until after their twelfth birthday, so this was Morley's first opportunity to attend.  They had a great time and had dinner together afterwards.


The other kids and I stayed home and just hung out for the rest of the evening.  We had a long day and just sitting still felt awesome.  I took a little nap while they watched a movie and it was wonderful. 

General Conference weekend is always amazing and I feel so uplifted and buoyed up.  I am so thankful for the opportunity we have to listen to our Latter-day Prophet.

Happy October!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Darci said...

You sure had a fun weekend! I love the pictures and great things you all did. But, picking pumpkins in shorts and kids with red faces...seems so strange to me. :)

Joanne said...

Way to go on the 5K - Ali and Mo! Your little town really gets into the festivities. That is SO cool. It warmed my heart to see Matt & Morley ready for the priesthood session. This will be the first of many sessions with his sons. What a great event to share. We're so proud of you guys. Can't wait to see you. Love, Mom

Jenni Call said...

You so do not look puffy. Weirdo. I am so proud of you for jamming out that 5k. We nearly honked at you and Rose on our way out of town. I am so sad we missed the parade this year. It is tradition! Your boys in uniform sure stir my soul with memories of my brothers. I had to double take seeing Morley ready for PRIESTHOOD SESSION. Did I make that cute pink hat? It is sooooo cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...