"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 23, 2011

happenings...

Wow, more than a week has gone by without a new post!  I have been slacking on my documenting!  Let's do a wrap up of the past week.

Morley had his last football game of the season and they won!  We were so impressed with his commitment and his enthusiasm during this season.  It was fun to see him with two of his best buds interact and stick together!


I have a nice pile of books on my night stand that I am reading.  Yes, all at the same time.
Can you tell what I am focusing on right now?  "The Help" book is barely read at the moment as the other books are much more important to my family right now.  Parenting, it is so hard and wonderful at the same time!


Ella must be going through a growth spurt or something.  This is what she look like around 1:30 at our house every day.  She is so thoughtful and also makes sure her babies and animals are comfortable for their nap too!


Morley was accepted onto the Quiz Bowl team!  They had their first competition in Kimball on Thursday and took first place!  He answered both of the questions he received correctly too!  We are so impressed with is interest in extracurricular activities this year!  He is very happy that two of his good friends are also on the team!


I have been spray painting again.  This time on an old chair we've had for 12 years.  For the last four years it has been the home for Ella's booster seat.  She decided that she was too big for a booster now so I gave it a makeover.  It was a horrible icky mess but cleaned up nicely with a lot of sandpaper and teal spray paint.  Yesterday I decided to cover the seat with some damask fabric.  I think it will find a new home as a decoration piece in my new kitchen!

I am obsessed with ruffles.  I bought a tutorial for this cute skirt months ago and finally took the time to make it.  Boy, did it take a lot of time.  I love the results and it is pretty cute on miss Ella.  IF I do it again, I think I will use bigger ruffles and maybe black, grey and white knit?


Ella is also in love with babies!  She will hold Jenni's little Everett any chance she gets.  This week at preschool she also had a turn holding Stella's little sister Dani.  I'm glad my friends have babies for her to hold!

*thanks for capturing the moment, Jenni*

We had a fun movie night at the theatre Friday night and watched Dolphin Tale.  Such a great family movie!!Fall finally decided to show up, though I am not very convinced that it is here to stay.  We've enjoyed the last few days with temps in the high 70's.  Brayden and Ella had a fun time raking and jumping in the leaves yesterday.  Then they started playing hide and seek with various objects in the piles.  I love watching them play together and create games together!  Our weather will take a wintery turn this week, if the forecast is correct.  Tomorrow...77...Wednesday....37 with 50% chance of snow....then back up to the 60's by the weekend.  Welcome to Nebraska


We had our Primary Program at church today!  This is the only year that all four of our kids will be in one together!  I cried through the whole thing, big surprise, right?  All the kids had their parts memorized and sang beautifully!  Morley was a little miffed that he still had to be in it since he is 12 and "techniqually" not in primary anymore but he still did a great job and even smiled a few times!  Matt is off fishing for four days on a boys trip with Hobbes and Bruce. So far they are having a great time and he has been kind enough to send me pictures.


 We have a busy week ahead with sewing projects, parent teacher conferences, dentist appointments, trunk-or-treat Halloween party, preschool and Pa coming to town!  I have a lengthy to-do list to accomplish before the end of the week and hopefully I can finish the outside stuff before Wednesday!  Rose, Trissh and I are getting ready for another 5k race in November, can you say brrrrr???  It feels good to be working out and eating good, I hope to see some good results!

House update.....we're still waiting to get the results of our appraisal.  Our closing date is only 12 days away and I still feel like we are in limbo if is really going to happen or not.  Happy thoughts!!!

*apparently Drew was very successful at avoiding my camera this week, little stinker*
Pin It!

6 comments:

Aaron & Nancy said...

I haven't ever heard of a 12-year old in the primary program! I'm so glad I'm not fighting that battle with Justin this year. I think I need to borrow some of your books!

Jenni Call said...

Love your chair, the skirt (want to borrow that pattern!), and your pile o books. The kids did an awesome job with the program. Morley rocks!

Andrea said...

Gosh you keep yourself busy! LOVE the chair and the ruffled skirt! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers about the house....you guys have been so patient, hope it works out for ya!

Her Royal Highness said...

LOVE how the chair turned out! Well done!
LOVE how the skirt turned out! She's a doll!
Wish I could run a 5k - am SO jealous.

Joanne said...

Wow, lots to catch up on. I have missed a lot by not stopping by yoiur blog. Holy cow, you are so busy ... and talented. I love your craftiness and your dedication to your family. You rock girl!

me said...

I <3 the skirt....want to make one.
That chair is gor-ge-ous! *hi 5*
I keep telling myself to go to the gym. Its not sticking. Sigh.
~Happy house thoughts!!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...