valentines' day 1997
I will admit, I totally just skipped Valentines' Day last year. Can't remember why, or if there was a reason. The kids did all of their stuff, but it was just another regular day otherwise. After the fact, I felt horrible...so I have to redeem myself in 2011.
I BELIEVE in LOVE and I know what it feels to be LOVED and to LOVE.
It is magical, all consuming and makes my heart flutter.
I wanted to make today special for my family so they could
feel and see my LOVE for them.
I decorated the house in hearts and heart garland before they woke up for school.
Delicious german pancakes on heart plates for breakfast
and cute heart shaped brownies in their lunch boxes.
They were pretty excited for the Valentine parties today at school.
Each of the boys made their boxes and their Valentine's.
Dressed in red, they're off to school.
We tackled all of their Valentines' on Thursday.
I used to be adventurous and make homemade Valentines'...
then I had more than one in school.
We went easy-peasy this year and they did them on their own.
I dug through my card boxes and found some old cards I made years
ago and the kids took those for their teachers.
I LOVE Ella's little Valentine's!! She wrote her whole name on each
card totally on her own!
They'll come home from school and find some LOVE from their mommy.
A giant heart chocolate chip cookie with red frosting, their own personal Valentine's and
yummy homemade tomato basil soup with heart grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.
Simplicity!
I LOVE my family.
I LOVE my husband and
{remember to check camera settings to avoid OVER EXPOSURE}
ugh.
ugh.



6 comments:
You are so fun! V-Day is a special one for the whole family. Great post.
I am so bad at holidays! You are so funny and creative with holidays... LOVE it! Happy V Day.
Stinkin cute...if I can't eat the cookies then I'm not making them!
Your a good mom willing to sacrifice~!
Man, and I thought I did well by just getting sugar cookies made (amazingly without taking one single bite)! You are amazing!!
I'm so glad someone else is happy to celebrate Love. I saw so many Vday bashers on facebook. Why would we not take a day to give or get a little extra.
alison, that picture is awesome.
my girls la-la-loved their shirts, for valentine's day! thank you.
Post a Comment