"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, February 5, 2011

the celebration...

On Drew's birthday, he requested CUPCAKE ICE CREAM CONES for his class treat.  They turned out great and the frosting even looked like soft serve ice cream! 


He opened the remaining few gifts before scouts.  We were saving the best for last...


Drew is SO excited to start on the guitar!  It is been painful fun to hear him figure out how different the strings sound.  He's been working on his 5x5 Rubik's cube and has already assembled his huge LEGO set.  My parents gave him (all the boys) the neatest book called, Brick of Mormon Stories.  They have been working together trying recreate the scenes in the stories with their LEGOS.

Mr. Drew was able to drag out the celebration of his birthday due to our busy schedule, that lucky kid!  We/he couldn't decide what to do for a party...but finally decided on booking the gym at our local community center.  He just wanted to play dodgeball, football and basketball with his friends! 


Since he is SO in love with LEGOS right now, he wanted a LEGO cake.  He loves the tv show, Cake Boss on TLC and really wanted me to use fondant icing.  Just hearing him pronounce "fond-ondt" is so cute!
Once I decided on the design, execution took most of the day and into the evening to finalize.


It was very fun to see his reaction and see him grin as his friends admired it! 

His party plan went perfectly and he received some great LEGO sets and a crossbow that shoots darts!  Oh boy...we sure need more property for these boys to use all of their dart shooting accessories!


all of the "tough guy" dodgeballers

I had a great time watching Drew interact with all of his friends.  He is such a good friend and it makes me so proud to be his mom!!

Love you buddy!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Joanne said...

What a fun-filled, exhausting day. Looks like everyone had a great time. Great cake. I really don't know how you do it all. Your kids are so blessed to have a mom that is willing to please! Nice job all around.

Matt and Carla said...

The icecream cone cup cakes look so cute & realistic w/ the frosting, great job! I am totally going to steal your lego cake design for Spencer's b-day in April, VERY CLEVER & cute- only I don't care for fondant, the look is wonderful so I'm referring to the taste of course, I think I'll try the heating the frosting up and dipping trick that worked great w/ some duck cupcakes I did awhile back, after cooled- it gives for a glossy smooth finish. You do the cutest things, your little pre school activities you come up with are so fun, I love your ideas.

Jenni Call said...

Amazing! Happy birthday Drew! The cake and events looked fun.

Matt and Carla said...

I think I had an email address for you awhile back but I couldn't find it...I have never made fondant- I would love a recipe that tastes better than the store bought stuff! Also, the icecream cone frosting recipe...assuming that's home made as well. Just when you get some free minutes- no hurry, I know you're a busy mom! mattcarlaandkids@yahoo.com THX

Darci said...

What a fun party and super cute homemade specialties by you! Nice work sis.

Christine said...

Well happy birthday Drew! What a fantastic party. I'm so impressed!

And very grateful actually, lol. Jackson's birthday is at the end of the month and wants a LEGO party too. Now I've got all sorts of ideas rolling around my head. Oh, and I just ordered that awesome book too. Thanks!

Mackay Family said...

Happy Birthday Drew! Those Lego cakes turned out awesome. You always amaze me with what you do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...