And...only once because of the holiday on Monday.
Crazy is an understatement of how it's been around
here lately...so I was a tiny bit giddy with just having
one day this time around.
It was FIELD TRIP week.
Where?
To the GROCERY STORE!
Our "tour" with the store manager fell through this
morning when I called to double confirm, but
that wasn't going to stop five little preschoolers.
We talked about manners and listening while
in the store and when we all agreed on
good behavior...off we went.
Each of the kids were given their own list
They were so excited to help with the shopping
Each time we put an item in the cart, they would
drop to the ground so they could "mark it off"
on their list. SO CUTE!
We looked through the meat department window.
Checked out the frozen food isle.
They begged to look at the candy/cookie/cracker isle
and we very proud of their completed lists.
The bakery lady was in the bakery and
dazzled the kids with their choice of a free cookie!
and...then we were done.
It was time to pay and each of the kids had one
dollar to purchase the groceries. They were very
responsible and thrilled to pay for them all on their own.
They insisted on carrying their own groceries to the car
and took great care to not have mushy bananas or
smashed loaves of bread.
Our snack consisted of...guess...
our groceries! Bananas, apples, milk and animal cookies.
After they inhaled their food, it was time to play with
our "play food".
With a little bit of encouragement, they worked
together and sorted all of the food.
and then...it was over. It was so much
fun to take them on a field trip and to
watch them work together and gain
independence. I am pretty sure every senior
citizen that was shopping at Safeway commented
on how cute and well behaved "our little group" was
in the store! *smiles*
don't forget the milk mustache!



6 comments:
What an awesome bunch of kids! Zane loved the trip to the grocery store! I'm going to have to give him his own list when we go next time so he can help more.
I bet this was their favorite trip to the grocery store ever. What a fun idea and cute little group! I bet they got so much attention in the store.
So fetchin' adorable! I am glad it worked out in spite of the nerdy grocery store staff. Ella's milk mustache photos are about my absolute photos of her. Thanks for the memorable day.
What a fun little field trip for the kids! I'm glad for your sake they were so well behaved! Thanks for posting these pics.... Dani loves seeing them!
It has been such a long time since I have checked your blog but it always makes me smile. You and your cute family and all your cute ideas. Thanks for inspiring me.
That is a fun outing idea. Well done with the cute little group! Ella is such a cutie.
Post a Comment