Last week is was pretty crazy! We have scouts THREE nights a week, basketball two nights a week for two boys with multiple games on Saturdays, piano lessons, homework, chores, FUN and other things that I can't even remember. We were able to squeeze in time to decorate our tree Tuesday night before scouts. I LOVE decorating the tree with the kids. There are so many ornaments that Matt and I usually have to leave most of ours off. Each of the kids have their own container for their ornaments and we really enjoy listening to them remember when they got it...even if they were only one year old. I still have a few ornaments made of construction paper with my kindergarten and 1st grade pictures glued to them. There may be a pretty close resemblance to Ella! The tree was finished and I didn't move one ornament, I promise!
Morley had his piano recital on Friday. He did REALLY good! He had two songs he had practiced really hard to master playing with his hands together, smoothly. Morley was able to earn all of his rewards for his practicing...but barely. Sometimes I would hear him practicing in the morning before school and in the evenings instead of going to bed to catch up on his minutes. We're very proud of him and he looks forward to his lessons each week. Thanks for being such a great teacher, Jenni!
Morley and Drew are both playing basketball this year! They have two practices a week for an hour and half each time! They had their first games on Saturday and they did awesome. Even though Morley's team lost, he played hard! His defense has improved greatly since last season. His shooting is more consistent too, so we hope he will get passed the ball a little more during his games as the season progresses. I have rediscovered that I am "that mom" on the sidelines
This is Drew's first year playing on a basketball team, and boy was he excited. He plays with 3rd and 4th graders and he does a great job! On Saturday he had two games and made a few shots too! We're still practicing on rebounding...a lot! He has a great attitude and loves to play with his friends, and against his friends! We are excited to see him improve this year, he sure has the heart! and...I need to figure out how to make my camera work in the dark, poorly lighted gym that Drew plays in. Nearly ALL of the pictures are blurry. ick!
During the boy's games, Ella likes to play with all of the little girls who are supposed to be watching the games. She is much younger than them but they are very sweet and let her play with them. At Drew's game, they started a hair train. They would rotate spots and just play with each other's hair. I couldn't stop watching them, it was so cute!
The kids are out of school on the 21st for two weeks. I really can't wait. I hope that I can follow through on my plans of fun activities and baking and game playing and movie watching!


5 comments:
Hair train? Sounds like fun! Hooray for those boys and basketball. Morley performed well...he did scrape by, but he did it!!! Thanks for letting me teach him.
Fun pictures! I love that you're "that mom" - I know I will be when my kids are old enough to play!
wow, what a talented guy! thats awesome he plays the piano!
I've recently learned my beauty profile and thought you would love to learn yours to. I have a link now. Jolene.dressingyourtruth.com. Check it out, its super fun.
Way to go Morley. Keep up the good work. It's fun to see your tree up. Wish we could work it out to be there. Miss you so much!
You guys have a busy schedule for sure! It was great to watch Morley play when we visited last year.
My kids are starting to really enjoy the tree decorating too. I think back on how I sounded on our family videos at Christmas! :)
Post a Comment