"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, December 31, 2010

blizzard 2010

we have been begging for snow.
Really, begging for snow.
We didn't have ANY for Christmas...
and last night it arrived.
A lot of the stuff...with A LOT of wind.
Drifts everywhere.
The town nearly shut down.

NEGATIVE 30 degrees with the windchill.
-1 degrees without the wind.
The boys beg to play in the snow.
No...
"please"...
Okay...


the boys started out wearing snowshoes.
They were so bundled they waddled.
The wind was gusting so hard.
Snow was half way up the door to the basement entrance.



Drew just a few minutes after being outside.
Just look at the wind blowing the snow in the background.



They were in and out for a few HOURS!
Somehow they stayed super warm.
Hot cocoa was ready to warm them up.
Oh...to be a kid again!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Jenni Call said...

What a snow storm to remember. Glad the boys went outside. Justin was out too, the nerdbonker

Mackay Family said...

Oh my freezing. How did they last for so long? Oh how I wish I was a kid again and could do things like that!

Sarah J. said...

Crazy weather- crazy boys! :)

Her Royal Highness said...

Psycho!
(My boys did the same here.)

me said...

I was the mean mom who just said no. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...