My beautiful cousin Emily, is an artist. An amazing artist. Everything she creates is incredible and she is an inspiration! Last week she started "Let your ART guide you" on her art blog.
This is what Emily said:
"Each Thursday I will show you what I created that week. I want you to do the same. I will have a link that you can sign up with and we can all see each others "ART" .
My hope is this will spur all of us on to finish projects, or start some we haven't had the courage to do. Like a group of friends going walking together, we are creating together and putting ourselves under the pressure to do it! To really do it! Through our comments, we can cheer each other on.
Anything goes, a sewing project, a drawing, a scrapbook page, a recipe. It is all art when it is created by our own hands in my opinion.
I promise- we will all grow in ways we could only dream of, if we let our "art" guide us."
****
So...here is my "ART" from the last 10 days. I was flooded with orders for 43 custom pieces within SIX days! I am a little more than half way done with all of them, it has been CRAZY in my little office/sewing/craft room upstairs!

I was able so squeeze in this cute outfit for Ella a week before Valentines' Day. She loves it and I LOVE how fun and funky it is. The colors are so yummy!


I think the greatest thing about creating designs and completing all of these amazing orders is the variation in the requests. I can create the same design many times and make each one totally different, or exactly the same depending on the customer. My sister wanted a unicorn...so we came up with a design that was simple, yet jazzed up a bit! It is hand embroidered with silver DMC floss and the horn has been satin stitched by hand with the same silver floss and topped off with a clear crystal. Ella just may end up with one of those!

I have had so much fun "meeting" people from all over the country. I enjoy making something personal and perfect for them and their special little person and occasion. Thank you to all of you have have spread the word about One Stitch at a Time, you are the best!
So...will you join us in posting your creations each Thursday? Just click on her link at the top of this post (which is a painting of Emily's) and join the fun!
Let your ART guide you!
+button.jpg)
5 comments:
Ahhhh Alison! You're too sweet! I feel so truly blessed to have such a creative friend that never denies anything FUN to create (even when it's the last minute)!!! Thank you SO MUCH for all that you've done for Kolton, Layna, and I! I can't explain how excited I am for the next project! :)
Don't over-do yourself! Make sure you're not stressing from the workload! You're an amazing and talented person! Once word really gets out about your craftiness - You better run and HIDE! ha ha!
Thanks AGAIN!!!
Ok- stop it!! Just stop it!! Can you be more creative and talented???? I think not!! I love the shirts!! That outfit you made for Ella...oh my gosh!! LOVE IT!! The mom Valentine!!! Oh my gosh!! You are amazing and I am so glad you are doing this with us. It really is a kick in the butt I have needed. Good job cuz!
TOTALLY cute!! Love those!!
You are definitely creating pieces of art! I am so proud of you and how far your new endeaver has taken you already. Keep it up and you'll need to hire me - uh, for what I don't know.
so adorable! I accepted Emily's challenge too...
you are amazing!! and very inspiring!
Post a Comment