It is week 3 of "let your ART guide you"...it is time to share my "ART" from the last week.
An awesome gal Rachel, who lives here in Sidney, called me out of the blue a few weeks ago and asked me if I would make her 3 matching outfits for her two girls, with matching bows. I was a little intimidated with such a large order but very excited at the same time! Have I mentioned how far away I live from a REAL fabric store?? ONE HUNDRED TEN MILES!!! I usually don't buy my fabric in full yards unless I have something specifically in mind for Ella...so I was in a slight predicament. So when Rachel wanted matching skirts, I needed help acquiring the fabric from Hobby Lobby for me...since they don't ship! Thanks to Catherine for picking up the polka dot fabric and Kristin for the daisy fabric! Jenni came to my rescue and offered to make the bows for me, SO glad she was persistent in asking me if I needed help! There are not TWELVE bows, only SIX. I just took pictures of both with each outfit. The polka dot fabric was a very full and twirly skirt, I used TRIPLE their waist measurement for the fabric width! The yellow/brown skirts were a straighter style with only double the fabric. The daisy skirts were done "bubble style" and I LOVE how poofy, full and fun they are!
So...below are the three outfits for the cute six and two year old girls! Emilee, the oldest, is in Brayden's kindergarten class. Tuesday after school he came right to the car and said, "MOM! Emilee was wearing the clothes you made her today!" I loved it!
Thanks Rachel for the amazing order and I can't wait to start on Emilee's birthday design!


Amongst the sewing chaos, I received two more orders from out of state customers! A friend of my sister ordered the "a" monogram shirt and then a guy I went to high school with ordered two shirts for his new little baby girl! SO FUN! I love doing things in "mini" form! The lady bug shirt was done on a 6-9 month shirt, it is so tiny! I also used a few mini black buttons this time which worked really well!

I have another busy week ahead as I start to tackle the FIFTEEN birthday party shirts for another customer here in town!
I can't say enough THANK YOU'S to everyone who has "advertised" One Stitch at a Time! Many of my orders in the last month have been from people that heard about my store from a friend/customer. THANK YOU! I am now super official...my business cards were delivered yesterday!
Don't forget to visit EMILY'S blog to see her painting for the week. It is AH-MAY-ZING!
10 comments:
Wonderful and darling and just plain FANTASTIC! I'm especially partial to the little rubber boots one!! I LOVE THEM!!!!
Wow girly! You are so amazingly talented!! I wish I cold sew like you. The boots one is my fav too. I LOVE them all but I have boots just like those. I am so glad you are in this with us. Love ya cuz!!
You have been a busy woman! It is easy to advertise such beautiful work.
You have been so busy. I am still amazed at your talent. Girls in matching outfits is SO cute! I wish that I was able to sew like you!
So remind us again where you find the time for all of this sewing...I'm convinced you just don't ever sleep. With that said, your creations are very sweet and it's obvious you love what you do and the art of it all~ it must be very rewarding to see the finished results and better the thrilled recipients of your work!
DARLING!!! I can't wait to see Adri's shirt in person! Thanks so much again!
You know there are a few business sites available downtown, right? By the looks of it, you might have to expand!
Great job on getting your business going and not being burned out by it! Congratulations!!!
And those outfits are uber cute! (I saw the little girl out back and thought that you had made it! It was adorable!)
WOW! You never cease to amaze me! All of your creations are darling! Thx for the comments:just an update, no more counters, messy mascara or q tips for me. thank goodness I hurdled all that in my old age.
Love those boots on that shirt, do you make them in women sizes? hahaha!
VERY cute stuff! You really have been busy. I'm impressed :)
Post a Comment