"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, February 11, 2010

awesome weekend...

WHOA...what an fantastic weekend we had! It all started off with my parents and sister Darci arriving around 2:00 on Friday. We did a little shopping (at Wal-Mart...don't get too excited). looked at a property with my dad and waited for Matt's parents and brother Vince to arrive. When they arrived around 5:30...the big girls went out! They were sweet to take me out for an early birthday dinner, yeah me! The dilemma was...where did I want to go? Well...those who have been to the metropolis of Sidney KNOW that there are only a few places. My first pick, Buffalo Point, was having a private party, DANG! Then...do I choose from our other fantastic restaurants (McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut, China Buffet...you get the idea). I chose Perkin's, which was actually pretty yummy! After a little birthday cheesecake (yes, I ate a few bites), and an embarrassing birthday serenade by the servers, we headed home. Early to bed was NOT an option, and we stayed up visiting as long as our eyes would stay open. I am pretty sure it was after midnight...


my sister, Darci & me
(totally bummed about not getting a picture of all the girls at dinner)


Saturday started early with breakfast for everyone, German pancakes and homemade donuts with orange juice! Then we loaded everyone up in two vans and headed to Scottsbluff for Morley and Matt's basketball games. They had two that day and I thought it was so neat that he could have so many people there cheering him! My BIL Vince laughed at me a few times when I hollered at the refs.....me?? Morley made a 3-pointer and had his cheering section hoopin' and hollerin'. Lunch was at Taco Bell...which was a big mistake. One positive thing about the experience...I fed my family of SIX for under $20. THE negative about the experience...it took THIRTY minutes to get our food! WHAT??

After lunch the BIG boys went to the second game while the girls, Brayden and Drew headed home early to get ready for Drew's baptism. Did we stop at some stores on the way out of town? Of course! A semi-quick stop at Joann's for some "bing-0 chore chart" items (future post) and AWESOME fabric and then a fast stop at Target. I don't like going through Target fast! I scored a bunch of long sleeve shirts for just over a $1 for my business! YEAH!

We beat the boys home by about an hour, then we were off to the church for Drew!


Coach dad & Morley
Morley & Ella
Partial picture of cheering section: G'ma Haley, G'pa Haley, moi, Nana & Pa
Pin It!

5 comments:

Kilgore Clan said...

Your weekend sounds fun and yes I agree with Taco Bell in Scottsbluff. We gave up on eating there a long time ago unless you are not in a hurry. Even the drive thru takes forever!

Lori Davis said...

What a fabulous weekend! I wish we could have been part of it. I love watching my girls play ball... it takes everything in me not to yell at the refs sometimes. I am cracking up though remembering basketball times in Logan. I am glad it was such a great day! I hope we see pics of Drew on his big day soon! ;)

Joanne said...

The nice thing about the long drives is that we have time to talk. Sometimes with a hectic life, there is little time for talking. We loved spending time with all of you. Much love, Mom

Darci said...

Great recap! The dining options were quite comical actually. I thought we grew up on a small town, but Sidney has taught me otherwise. It was a fun weekend!

me said...

Yay for a big, family birthday for you! HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!

You would chose Buffalo Point over Dudes? Really??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...