We are off to a busy summer! Drew started his first job this week! He is working for Cedar Springs Fish Farm in Broadwater, about 12 miles from our house. The Murray's own it and their youngest daughter Cassidee is a classmate of Drew's and Becky is the 3rd grade teacher at Leyton. His first day started at 7:30 in the morning and he didn't get home until 6:30 at night. It is a lot of hard labor working outside doing weed eating, cleaning fish ponds, mowing, etc. It is hard work and he is exhausted when he gets home. He will work two days a week all summer long. Morley is also working this summer! He is working for a farmer in town, doing whatever he is asked to do. Kenny is also working with him so it is fun. Morley is also doing weight at the high school 4 days a week getting ready for football. Morley also had the opportunity to go to Omaha Thursday thru Saturday for the state science meet he qualified for back in May. He had a lot of fun with Kenny and Teagan and made new friends! On the way home he thought he had lost iPod and he was pretty bummed. After doing what we could to find it, we both said prayers that it would be found. About an hour later I was talking with Kenny's mom DeAnn. She felt bad that it was lost and they said they would check their car again. While we were talking Kenny had gone out to look in the car one more time and he found it. Wedged under the seat and he didn't even know there was an opening there and he nearly didn't get it out. What an answer to prayers! We were prepared to call the local authorities in case it was turned in. It is neat to have testimony building experiences with our kids!
Friday night I ran a night 5k to kick of the Gold Rush Days event. I was kind of bummed that I didn't have any friends running with me but I did it anyway. I was really surprised I did so well, considering I have only started back running about 2 weeks ago. My time was 32:48. Not my best time ever but not my worst. I was happy. Matt and Brayden went fishing to Smith Lake Friday afternoon/night and then again on Saturday afternoon/night. Matt reports that Brayden is quite the fisherman, even out fishing him! We had a busy afternoon of Bountiful Baskets and then house work. After Morley got home from Omaha we just relaxed and watched a movie!
Our chickens are getting big! They have out grown their box....and we haven't set up an permanent coop yet so I improvised! I used some t-posts we had and pallets and made them a temporary home. They are in chicken heaven! They are about 6 weeks old and have changed so much! They are now old enough to eat our veggie and fruit scraps. Hopefully in the next week or so we will be able to pick up the shed and get the permanent coop finished! They won't start laying eggs until they are 5 months old. It is a fun experience so far with the family!

2 comments:
I am glad the boys found summer jobs. They will love earning a little money! Good job on the 5k!!
Looks like you are off to a great start. Too bad you have to have such HOT weather out there. I don't know if I could handle that. I love all the activities that you and the family are involved in. So fun!
Post a Comment