"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Blizzard


 We were hit with a HUGE snow storm/blizzard on Monday night that lasted until Wednesday.  For the first time this year we had two snow days and it was heaven!  In some areas we had drifts nearly four feet tall and  in other areas you could still see the grass.  The wind is relentless around here!  It took FOREVER to shovel the sidewalk to the front door.  Brayden was the only one that ventured out in to the freezing temps but he only lasted about 20 minutes.  We spent the day watching movies, cleaning and sipping hot cocoa.  I also spent some time in my studio working on sewing orders.  Right now I have 7 open orders waiting for me.  It is awesome and a little stressful!  Noah came over for a scout camp out that didn't end up happening but since he was out here he stayed over.  On Saturday all the boys spent about 5 hours outside making forts and digging tunnels in the drifts!  I LOVE when they play outside. I need to figure out a technology "limit"....
Most of the snow has now melted but we are expecting another huge storm  starting on Monday.  We sure need the moisture and the farmers are giddy.  I would prefer the snow in December and not April but we'll taken it whenever we can get it at this point!  Crossing our fingers for green grass and healthy trees!



See the yard stick stuck in the snow??






The yard stick is barely sticking out of this drift....

the black spot in the snow....the yard stick!




Brayden starting a tunnel.












Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...