"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, June 10, 2012

two more....

We have two more 4-legged family members.








Meet Blue and Olive, our new kittens.  Drew came up with their names, which match the color of their eyes.  They are nearly identical sisters, only six weeks old.  They are so cute and fluffy and fun to have around.  

Our puppy Deacon isn't sure he likes them yet.  He just sniffs and wags his tail but won't relax around them yet....which causes us to stay on high alert when they're in the same room together.  He hasn't been aggressive at all, just a curious puppy.




They will only be in the house for another week or so then they are will be outside only cats and hopefully wonderful mousers.  I've seen four mice in the last few weeks and these kitties will sure help keep them to a minimum.  Deacon will be happy to have the house back to himself.  

Between the dogs, kittens, our box turtle (found on the road a few weeks ago) and Si we are creating our own little "farm" out here in the country.  Next goal, to get my horse HOME!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

I LOVE their names! Good job Drew. Ella is in heaven!?!

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

I love my barn kitties almost as much as any of my other animals. You wonder what you ever did without them! :) Congrats and I hope they're great mousers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...