Ella could not wait to start Joy School with her friends! Their first day was on Wednesday and she was dressed and ready to go before the boys left for school...then had to wait another two hours. She was a cute little poser for pictures. Seriously, what's up with the had on the hip with the knee turned in? Oh, my girl! School was at Jenni's house this week so we just walked on over. We are enjoying only being a block away from each other again!
Ella wanted her picture taken with Mia. When I asked her why she said, "mom, because she is my bestest friend in the world." I can't argue with that! Jenni's little two year old Phillip hung out with me during preschool so Jenni could focus on the older kids. We had a fun time together. He stayed until after lunch and tuckered him out so he could have a long nap. Ella want to "keep" Mia after school, so we did until around 4:00. They had a great time and I'm so glad she has someone to play with while the boys are at school all day.
This week as 'all about me' the letter F and ovals. She came home with a lifesize drawing of herself and told me all about 'daddy f's and baby f's'. Jenni had a great idea of starting a blog just for Joy School. Each of us will contribute to the blog during our week of teaching. At the end of the year we'll print out a blurb! book for each of the kids! What a treasure!
I am so excited to see her progress this year. She constantly totes around at least three notebooks and draws, writes, or colors wherever we go! She can write and identify almost all of the letter in the alphabet and will write lines and lines of letters. Ella will ask us to read what she wrote...and we sound it out and she says, "that is not a real word." Exactly. I know she will start spelling in no time! Her speech as improved leaps and bounds over the last six months also! I can't believe miss Ella is four and only one year away from kindergarten!
Wednesday was also a big day because we CLOSED on our old house!!! It felt so good to hand over all of the keys, sign papers and be finished with that adventure! The new owners are already making changes and I'd love to stop in sometime and see what they've done! We'll miss living next door to our sweet Elda! She was a wonderful "grandma" to our kids these last seven years! I told her that she isn't getting rid of us that easy! We'll be sure to visit often! The house hunt continues...
6 comments:
Being a fellow non-home owner, I feel your pain - and pleasure. It's a bitter-sweet moment isn't it?
Miss E is so beautiful! have fun this last year of having her at home. :)
Love these pictures! I'm also hoping the sweet was more than bitter in the bitter-sweet experience of selling a home that was filled with so many memories. Congratulations!
How cute! Ella does know how to strike a pose.
E is such a gorgeous little preschooler. That shade of yellow is stunning on her!
Congrats on getting the house closed and good luck with finding the right place!
Ella is growing up way too fast. What a beauty!
I can't wait to come visit and spend some quality time with all of you. I'm also curious to see what the new owners do to your old house.
Cute girlies!!
Congrats on the house...you're my favorite homeless person. ;)
Post a Comment