"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Go Red Raiders!

Morley had two football games last week.
I LOVE seeing him out there in his uniform and with his friends!
They lost the first game buy two points and
WON their home game on Saturday, 20-14!!

He is on the kick off team, his number is 31.

Morley with his buddy, Noah #23.


Half time pep talk






I love this picture of him pushing off two opposing players!


and our *first* football family picture.  There will be more of these to come over the years with three boys who want to play football!

I honestly thought that I would be watching Morley's games with my hands over my eyes...just occasionally peeking out to see if he's okay!  NOT A CHANCE!  I'm the annoying mom in the stands screaming for everyone on the team on every play.  I may not know what exactly happened on the play *not yet* but I know who the players are and I nearly lose my voice over the excitement!  I love the atmosphere of the games and wearing our "Red Raider" gear.  After the first game, where we didn't wear an ounce of red, black or white, I went down to Shirt Tales and ordered everyone appropriate shirts.  Ella and I are fancy with our "bling" Raiders shirts!  I hope to have a super cute one by the end of the week!  I have a great time sitting with Amy and Alaina during the games and Amy has promised to give Alaina and I a crash course on football lingo! 

Morley is LOVING football and eager to try new positions and is a great support to his team!  So far he hasn't had a lot of playing time in the *a* games but he had the chance to play a lot in the *b* games.  He is just fine with that too.  When he plays defense he was in the corner position and on offense he has played as a wide-out.  He hasn't played football since he was nine so he has some catching up to do.  He is getting more aggresive each time and he has a lot of heart!

GO RAIDERS!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun, a football family you will be!!!

Joanne said...

Wow, you so supportive in the team shirts and all. Way to go. I don't think I even had a Mount Si shirt, just your hand me downs. Go Morley!

Darci said...

You go all out - I love it! You...screaming from the side lines...I don't believe it. Hehe

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

So fun! Memories of my childhood are filled with MANY football games (3 younger brothers), and I loved cheering them on. Love that you have something else fun to do as a family! Go Morley!

Jenni Call said...

I can just see you cheering your lungs out and Matt keeping you off the field. Wink! Looks like Morley and Noah are having a great time. Love your matching outfits.

Madison Grunig said...

I've kind of secretly hoped my boys would not be interested in football because I don't want them getting hurt, but when I see the heart of Morley and Noah I think it can't be that bad. And they look like they're having so much fun! Awesome boys!

me said...

Go Red Raiders!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...