"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Flowerfield experience

In fourth grade the students have the opportunity to have a special field trip to an old school dated back to 1888.  The kids can dress in period appropriate attire if they wish, make a "olden days" school lunch and they spend the day on the property.  Drew was so excited!

Here is what I wanted him to wear...but he said my hat was "too girly".


This is what he wanted to wear...a little "ganster-ish" if you ask me.
Thankfully it ended up around his neck by the time he arrived to school.
Goofy boy!


He decided what he wanted in his "authentic" lunch:
meat sandwich, apple, fruit leather, beef jerky and wheat crackers and water.  We packed it nice and tight into a #10 can and he was ready to go.  Funny story about the water...all of my empty jars are in storage so I just put the salsa in a plastic container that was in the pint glass jar.  I rinsed it out with hot water...filled it with ice and water and off he went.  When we came home I asked why he didn't drink his water and he said it tasted like salsa.  We both started laughing and said next time we'll be sure to wash it well.


Here is his entire 4th grade class!  I love that so many dress up!




We let him take our little digital camera and these are the pictures he captured.  He had a great day and I wish I could have been with him!  Drew brought home some papers he wrote on with some ink and a feather, he said it was very hard to write with.

Flowerfield is a fun place for anyone!
Pin It!

3 comments:

me said...

Please tell Drew thank you...*I* enjoyed the pictures too! :)

Darci said...

Salsa water - that does sounds gross! :) What a fun school outing. The class looks great all dressed up. It sure helps get more out of the experience too.

Joanne said...

What a great field trip. That's so cool that the school does things like that. He'll remember that for a long time. Salsa water, yummm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...