"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

*CAMPING*


I sent Matt a text earlier in the week..."do you want to go camping?"
His response..."who is this?"
Me: "very funny"
Matt: "no really, who is this?  Morley?"

Of course he jumped at the opportunity to go camping, especially when it was my idea!
Our friends offered to let us borrow their tent trailer and we took advantage of the offer!  We packed up on Friday and left *suppafast* when Matt came home from work.  Jumbo Reservoir was the best option because we were just going for one night, and it was perfect!  The location, the weather and the company.


Ella camped out in the BIG chair for the evening sipping on her special root beer soda.  The boys played with their new frisbees from Pa while our foil dinners cooked on our fire. 


Matt and the boys also placed some craw fish traps in the lake, hoping to catch dinner for Saturday night.  The sunset was breathtaking!



The Siler's ended up camping right "next door" to us and the boys were over the moon to have their friends to play with!  After breakfast, all of the kids raced to the water and spent the entire day there!  Brayden was the patient fisherman...who never caught anything.


The "sea scope" was a big hit.


I enjoyed most of the day from my lovely recliner reading a new book and enjoying the beautiful view and noise of laughter from the kids.


The favorite game of the day was "push off the dock".  The boat ramp had a "drop off" at the end and the game was to push each other off as many times as possible.  They did it for HOURS, and HOURS!  All eight of the kids played very well together and it was a wonderful day.  Trissh and Dave had time to read their books together and Matt spent some time fishing off location.




It was fun to capture some of the beautiful nature with my "big lens".  I had to stay a good 8-10 feet away from any dragon flies or they would scatter.  It was fun to watch them "up close" through my camera.


Ella was a huge fish and swam in the water all day long.


Once we couldn't bear the 100 degree weather any longer, we packed up and headed home.  We had a great time together and it was a perfect way to kick off a crazy month!  August is going to be brutal with school starting, Matt traveling, packing up seven years of "stuff" and hopefully moving to a new home. 


I couldn't resist snapping a picture of Ella's perfect placement of her favorite sandals in the sand!

Do you like camping??
Pin It!

4 comments:

Hadmonster said...

Looks like so much fun. I miss camping, we've been so busy this year haven't even fit it in. Miss you guys as well.

Her Royal Highness said...

Now THAT looks like a good time! Yes, we like camping. :) We went last month with some new friends for a few days and had a wonderful time!
I miss you all. :)

Jenni Call said...

*Sigh* That looks like heaven! So relaxing!

Mackay Family said...

How fun! Your pictures are all amazing.

I will camp in a trailer, but I am scared to take two little ones in a tent. Not sure if any of us would sleep! Tanner keeps asking to go so I think I am going to have to give in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...