Preparing for "back to school" is no small task around our house and the week prior is very busy with final preparations.
We did ALL of our school shopping online this year and it was HEAVEN! Thank goodness for boys!
Morley had the opportunity to pick up his schedule last week and also take his school stuff to his locker! I just can't believe he is in Middle School! I snapped some pictures that day instead of embarrassing him to death on the first day. He is pretty handsome in front of my camera and a very good sport about my requests!
Then we had open houses this week for Drew and Brayden. They attend different schools (there are four elementary schools here) and so they schedule each open house on a different night. Drew has Mrs. Wellman and we just love her! Morley had her as well and I also worked with her when I employed by the school district a few years ago. He is SO excited to be in her class!
Brayden has Mrs. Sittner this year and his classroom is in one of the modular buildings and they are wonderful! Nearly every classroom in the district has one of the modern Mobi boards and they are pretty amazing!
I (Matt is out of town on a business trip and missing out on all the fun) took the kids out to a "back to school" dinner to Oya, a popular Mexican restaurant in town. We went early to beat the dinner crowd and we were the only ones there! It was awesome! It was a fun treat as the kids have never been there before! I think we will start a new tradition!
Morley is enjoying his new piece of technology! He purchased Matt's old iPod touch with some of his mowing money. It is going to be good leverage on behavior!
Last night after showers were taken and their outfits were laid out on their floors like little people, they were in bed by 8:30....and then awake at 6:30 this morning ready to go! We had special chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, made our home lunches, read scriptures, family prayer and took pictures...all before 7:15! I think they were a little bit excited for their big day! Morley was dropped off first and they have to stay outside until the morning bell rings. I watched him walk up to a group of classmates and he didn't even look back. *Sniff*, he is getting big. Then we dropped off Drew who was also delivery a freshly made loaf of bread to my former coworkers. YUM! Brayden was last and so excited to be early enough to play on the playground with his friends. Did I head straight home? NO. I drove back over to the middle school to get one more glimpse of my young man. I was actually feeling sick to my stomach thinking about him being in middle school. He also had a football meeting after school today...OYE! Practice starts on Monday....that scares me a little bit.
They were very cooperative this morning which made for a happy mom who had very little sleep the night before! Here are our big boys!
and of course Ella with "her boys"
I am trying to figure out when my kids got so big! Seriously...
Ella and I will be doing Joy School again this year with six other moms! She is very excited!
How many of you see a 4-wheeler driving down your street?
People are allowed to do that here in our little town with the correct permits. I see them all the time but never have my camera...he couldn't escape me this morning. I just laugh every time.
Only is Small Town U.S.A.
I have been B-U-S-Y packing the house! I stayed up WAY to late last night trying to get ready for the BIG packing day today! We are very lucky to have wonderful women at church who are willing to spend hours helping! Today I had a total of EIGHT friends over helping me pack our house. We nearly packed the ENTIRE thing! Matt and I will tackle the basement when he gets home but we are READY to make the move to our rental this weekend! It will be a little chaotic making sure that the right boxes are either going to storage or to the rental. We're making progress and I am SO thankful for all the help I have received today, I am speechless. Just when I am feeling despair and the feelings of doubt start to sink in, people start pouring in to help. Amazing. Thank you! The kids were very thankful that the kitchen was packed today, along with the pantry so we could eat at Subway tonight for dinner! All of the "after school" reports from the boys were excellent and they are excited for day two. Phew! Tomorrow night may be cereal, and maybe sugar cereal!
The hunt for "our house" continues...
5 comments:
Wow - you ARE busy! If we were to stay here, I'd have a middle schooler, too. 5th grade starts middle school and that TERRIFIES me!
Good job, Mom, holding it together on the first day. :)
I'm so glad you're getting the house packed up alright and haven't lost your mind (yet).
Oh - we have 4-wheelers drive down our street, too. A dune buggy, too, even! :D
Such handsome boys and Ella's adorable. The ATV cracks me up. Reminds me, we were in Billings one time and stopped to let the kids see the temple. A man and woman pulled into the parking lot on an ATV, parked in a regular parking spot and got off with their temple bags and walked inside. Hilarious!
It is crazy to think Morley is in Middle School already! You have an incredible amount of stamina, even more so over the past month. I could see your face in my mind as you dropped off your kids. One day!! Glad you are joining preschool again. Cheers to a new year!
Morley is sure growing up! The routine of school will hopefully give you a chance to breathe now. What a busy life you live. :)
I can't believe you had a kid in 7th grade! Crazy! They all look so cute in their new school clothes.
Hope you find a house soon!
Post a Comment