It was so crazy to have the Pinewood Derby in November this year but also awesome to have it all done! When did the boys start their cars? Tuesday night, the night before the race! What can we say, it has been insanely busy! Drew designed his own car and Brayden went with a little variation to the tried and true design he loves!
Drew's car is "Creeper" from Minecraft and Brayden's is "Hopper" for his frog obsession. Both boys did awesome! Brayden placed 1st overall and Drew was 3rd. I started to feel bad that we always win. We don't do anything fancy....just the same design year after year. I guess after doing 13 cars they just figured out what works best. They'd rather be fast than have more fun with the design. They are very gracious winners and I am happy they had fun!
It felt very strange to not be directly involved with the evening and felt out of the loop now that I am released from my calling as Webelos leader! Matt and I ended up being in charge of the track, set up, computer workings, etc since we are the only ones that know how to use it. The Dalton scout troop was very generous and loaned it to us again....since we do store it for them! It was a little stressful getting it all ready but it worked out and was very fun! The the computer hooked up to the track and then projected onto a screen with speeds and placings and sound effects, the boys were in car racing heaven!!!
We are all ready for the Dalton race in March, phew! Miss Ella is usually the tag along to all of our activities and most often falls asleep in the car on our drives home and then crashes on this bench as soon as we get inside. Clearly exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment