Matt has been taking the boys ice fishing on New Year's Day for years. He started off taking all three boys when they were old enough. One of the most important rules when you are ice fishing is to never cover up the holes in the ice. If you do....you'll most likely step in one. Well....three or four years ago Drew was fishing with everyone and he covered up one of the ice holes and....his leg took a swim. He was never in any danger but he was wet, scared and cold. He hasn't been ice fishing (or any type of fishing) since that day. So, a day where all three boys AND Ella and I went fishing was a momentous occasion! Matt has wanted the whole family to go for years and I wasn't going to get out of it this year. I could no longer use the excuse of "the baby is too little" or "it is too cold"....we were all going, no exceptions.
It was fun. Really fun! We went to the lake in Bridgeport that we swam at all summer long. Ella thought it was pretty cool we were walking ON TOP OF the water we SWAM IN! I hadn't been ice fishing with Matt since before we were married and this was Ella's first time. Morley and Brayden are old pro's.
Matt gave Ella a ride out on the sled to "the spot" on the ice
I LOVE this picture of the kids together! LOVE!
Our little fisherman. He is so patient and LOVES doing any kind of fishing!
Morley, Ella and Drew keeping warm fishing in the ice house. Drew is pretending he is not having a good time.
The ice house is great to have. Thankfully, the weather was beautiful; a cool 27 degrees but very little wind so we mostly fished outside in the open air! It was very nice to go inside the ice house and warm up when our fingers and toes started to tingle.
B's first catch of the day....
Morley's...
Drew admitted he was having a good time and liked catching fish! He caught fish after fish in our "honey hole". He quite enjoyed using the vexlar (fish finder) also.
Ella decided she wanted to fish by herself. She sat there and sat there and caught one by herself. Later in the afternoon she did it again and caught at least 4 on her own! Talk about having a proud daddy!
Priceless, a daddy fishing with his little girl.
(bummed, I thought I took a 2nd picture with my good camera)
She officially caught the biggest fish of the day!
Her brother's might have been a tad jealous.
ps...Matt is very handsome. *wink*
I had fun catching a few too!
We had such a great day together! It is so great to get out of the house, enjoy the beautiful outdoors and make memories together! I think we caught over 25 fish and no one fell in a hole and we fished for over five hours. The day was a success!

3 comments:
I officially nominate you as Best Outdoorsy Family of the Year. I would say Cabelas should pay you or something, but they already do :)
I'm not going to lie.... Ice fishing is one of my fears. Perhaps we need to come visit and you can help me get over it. :)
That is the best way to celebrate the New Year!!! Brrrrr
Post a Comment