A few years ago I started to a theme dinner for Halloween. I really enjoy it and the kids love it! They see the menu before dinner is served and try to guess what the dishes really are.
We had a fun evening together eating spooky foods and spending time together as a family!
Then it was time for trick-or-treating! Morley couldn't decide if he wanted to dress up or not until the day of Halloween. He called me after school and asked me to bring whatever would be cool for a costume. Apparently, out of the bag of options, the sunglasses and wig were the only cool items. Alaina and Jamie hosted a pre trick-or-treating get together with some yummy food and friendship! I miss being closer to that lady! After we all stuffed ourselves with food, we headed out in groups around their neighborhood to collect the candy! The kids made out like bandits and had a great time hanging out with their Sidney friends! Morley went around with a group of his friends and was a pretty awesome big brother and let Drew tag along! It warmed my heart that it was done without any parental prompting/encouraging/threatening.....
Ella did insist on changing into her witch costume before trick-or-treating since "it just won't fit next year". Either will her saddle shoes....
Brayden and Ella visited another neighborhood later in the evening together that handed out king size candy. They were SO thrilled for the surprise! Halloween is fun and I do love the extra opportunities to do fun things as a family but it sure is exhausting!

3 comments:
The pink socks live on!!! Haha - loved seeing those. I love all their costumes and I especially love my little princess niece and her need for multiple outfit changes :)
Stop it already!! Such a fun Momma!!
You don't mess around! I love all the fun and creativity.
Post a Comment